Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How true to size are Lost Worlds jackets?

welcometoashley

New in Town
I'm a long-time lurker and, now, first-time poster...

As my title states, how is the sizing of Lost Worlds jackets? I wear a size 40 suit in modern-day apparel, but usually need to size up to 42 for vintage wear. Are Lost Worlds jackets true to size?

I'd like to pull the trigger on one of their jackets, but not sure if their jackets are cut for a more vintage fit. I thought I'd check here before I contact them.

Thanks for any input.

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds jacket sizes are definitely modern... in fact, a new LW jacket might feel a bit oversize at first, until it breaks in a bit. I wear a size 38 from several manufacturers including: Vanson (snug, trim fit), Aero (trim fit for Cafe racer, loose fit for HG-5), and Lost Worlds (not as trim as Vanson or the Aero racer, but not as loose as the Aero HG-5). If you really want a trim torso fit, you might even consider going down a size... but sleeve length might be an issue in that case.

Sorry, but I can't really comment on the fit of LW military-style jackets like the A2.

Hope this helps.

welcometoashley

New in Town
TheSnark said:
Lost Worlds jacket sizes are definitely modern... in fact, a new LW jacket might feel a bit oversize at first, until it breaks in a bit. I wear a size 38 from several manufacturers including: Vanson (snug, trim fit), Aero (trim fit for Cafe racer, loose fit for HG-5), and Lost Worlds (not as trim as Vanson or the Aero racer, but not as loose as the Aero HG-5). If you really want a trim torso fit, you might even consider going down a size... but sleeve length might be an issue in that case.

Sorry, but I can't really comment on the fit of LW military-style jackets like the A2.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful - thanks!

jon z

One of the Regulars
I wear a 40 in vintage jackets & that is what my first LW's J23 was. It was slightly larger than my vintage equivalents so I sold it and bought a 38, the fit of which I'm much happier with. It does depend though on what you intend wearing under it. I'm strictly a cotton T-Shirt guy, occasionally with a thin casual shirt as well. Any thing else & it'd probably be too snug. If I remember correctly you can get a test jacket sent to decide the size you need. As you're both in the States it's got to worth the postage cost of this option when making an investment in a jacket of this cost & that you'll have for life. Certainly cheaper than the way I did it lol.

Todd V

Familiar Face
There are a few items in my size, 36, on the sale page that have me drooling. Any gents in that size range care to comment on sizing?

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
Todd V said:
There are a few items in my size, 36, on the sale page that have me drooling. Any gents in that size range care to comment on sizing?

Unless you have some unusual proportions (long arms, large shoulders, whatever), a size 36 should fit... although in a modern, off-the-rack, "looser than vintage" sort of way. Sleeve length should be good, and I would expect enough room in the torso to allow an additional moderate-to-heavy underlayer.

I have a Roadhouse from the sale page on order in a size 36. As I mentioned above, I'm a size 38R, and that size from LW fits, but I'm looking for a trimmer, slightly snug fit, and I don't care about additional layers. At the price listed, I'm sure I can resell locally at my cost if it doesn't fit.

Todd V

Familiar Face
Thanks for the information. There are a number of 34s and 36s on there so I guess I'll have my pick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80