Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hows this for a ball cap.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Ah, so now there connoisseur aspects to baseball caps? Some are in and some are out? I've lost touch, I guess. I couldn't even guess what a deep dish cap is.

Not exactly connoisseur. 'My' 16 year old boys refer to them as 'flat caps.' They are usually worn sideways or backwards. Here's the average intelligence of this type of hat wearer (said in jest, of course):

fail-owned-hat-fail.jpg

dmar836

New in Town
That's a great shot!
Is "flat caps" referring to the bill remaining flat instead of curved? I've seen that a lot on goofy looking mall caps. Again, nothing new though. The AAF B-1 way the same way..... and functional.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
That's a great shot!
Is "flat caps" referring to the bill remaining flat instead of curved? I've seen that a lot on goofy looking mall caps. Again, nothing new though. The AAF B-1 way the same way..... and functional.

Yes. Technically, the way its being worn makes it not really a flatcap, but the image makes the point.

Ive taken a few flatcaps off of my kids at school for wearing them (repeatedly) in the hallways, and the brims do not hold a curve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner