Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUFVUD HATMAKER | Lund, Sweden

EinarsM

Vendor

BOGART FEDORA | 50X BEAVER BLEND | MAJESTIC BLUE COLOR | SIZE 58, US 7 1/4​

PSX_20231230_151425.jpg
PSX_20231230_151444.jpg
PSX_20231230_151458.jpg
PSX_20231230_151518.jpg
PSX_20231230_151547.jpg
PSX_20231230_151624.jpg
PSX_20231230_151726.jpg
PSX_20231230_151759.jpg
PSX_20231230_151821.jpg
PSX_20231230_151850.jpg

Pkyoakum

One of the Regulars
Do you still have this color fir custom order? I looked at your web site, but didn't see this option for color. Also, regarding your different models to choose from, does it mainly have to do with height of crown and brim size? Thanks.

EinarsM

Vendor
Do you still have this color fir custom order? I looked at your web site, but didn't see this option for color. Also, regarding your different models to choose from, does it mainly have to do with height of crown and brim size? Thanks.

Thank you! Yes, I have the Majestic Blue in stock. It's a 50X Beaver Blend only.

I can craft other models as well. Customize crown height and brim width. As long as the felt bodies allow.

Please send me an email, happy to discuss further.

mikael.einarsson@hufvud.com

Regards,

Mikael

wsmontana

A-List Customer
I really like the billowy pin cushion look you get in the crease of your crowns. Is that a function or the felt itself or some unique creasing process you have (or both)?

Thanks for sharing your very distinctive and handsome hats!

EinarsM

Vendor
I really like the billowy pin cushion look you get in the crease of your crowns. Is that a function or the felt itself or some unique creasing process you have (or both)?

Thanks for sharing your very distinctive and handsome hats!

Thank you very much!

Yes, it is both. It's probably more about the shaping process which is done by hand. The felt either makes it easier or just a lot more difficult depending on the weight and material blend.

EinarsM

Vendor
HJALMAR HOMBURG | 50X BEAVER BLEND

I am currently investing in additional tools to make the production of Homburgs more efficient. I will be offering custom Homburgs again during 2024. Most likely towards Autumn/ Winter Period. First new test hats, with new tools, are aimed to be ready during this summer. A very optimistic estimate.

PSX_20240211_135916.jpg
PSX_20240211_135935.jpg
PSX_20240211_140000.jpg
PSX_20240211_140015.jpg
PSX_20240211_140036.jpg
PSX_20240211_140050.jpg
PSX_20240211_140118.jpg
PSX_20240211_140143.jpg
PSX_20240211_140207.jpg
PSX_20240211_140229.jpg

I am currently investing in additional tools to make the production of Homburgs more efficient. I will be offering custom Homburgs again during 2024. Most likely towards Autumn/ Winter Period. First new test hats, with new tools, are aimed to be ready during this summer. A very optimistic estimate.

View attachment 590247 View attachment 590248 View attachment 590249 View attachment 590250 View attachment 590251 View attachment 590252 View attachment 590253 View attachment 590254 View attachment 590255 View attachment 590256

View attachment 590247 View attachment 590248 View attachment 590249 View attachment 590250 View attachment 590251 View attachment 590252 View attachment 590255 View attachment 590256

Looks great, Mikael. Those colors really work well together. This fall, ehh?

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
It's been AGES since I've posted, but I thought I'd write again to give glowing praise to Mikael.

I've been through many life changes in the last few years- I got married, became a father, moved to Ireland after my wife got a job transfer, and it's been incredible. However, there's one more life change many of us on here will sympathise with- the ongoing struggle against male pattern baldness.

What prompted the eventual nuclear response of shaving my head? Maybe it was that plane ride where I watched a really bad yet amazing Fast and Furious film starring Jason Statham and the Rock and their glorious domes. Maybe it was Stanley Tucci's in his Italy program. I really dig the look in any case, but the problem was all my hats were now too big- the hair I do have still on the back and sides is very, very thick, and I never knew how much it was padding out my hats until it was gone.

I tried the usual stick-felt-under-the-band trick, but the problem is the Irish weather. The wind gusts can be mighty, and it just didn't do the trick. After deciding the shaved head was here to stay, I knew I had to get them resized, but shipping back to the USA was going to be incredibly expensive, so I looked for an EU based hatter.

I reached out to both Hornskov and Hufvud- Hornskov surprisingly said they don't do hat refurbs at all (????), but Mikael was more than up to take them on, two Art Fawcetts and two Optimos, all of which I've had for 10-15 years now. I think the work he did was just fabulous, and I want to share some photos of them below. He actually did this for me well over a year ago, but life with the toddler has been pretty busy. :D

The guinea pig- my oxblood VS hat.

hufvud01 Large.jpeg

Granite VS in Lake Como.

hufvud02 Large.jpeg

It gets cold here.

hufvud03 Large.jpeg

My kid discovers my beard, hence a big chop. Navy Optimo. Really love this blocking.

hufvud04 Large.jpeg

Yeah, rain in Ireland.

hufvud06 Large.jpeg

Nicer weather. I wear the granite VS a lot these days.

hufvud07 Large.jpeg

Forest green Optimo. That awkward summer rain where it's bit too warm for a jacket.

hufvud08 Large.jpeg

One recent one, the Navy Optimo again. Not the most worn but probably my favourite now.

hufvud09 Large.jpeg

I need a good summer hat now. Considering sending this one off to Mikael.

hufvud10 Large.jpeg

EinarsM

Vendor
It's been AGES since I've posted, but I thought I'd write again to give glowing praise to Mikael.

I've been through many life changes in the last few years- I got married, became a father, moved to Ireland after my wife got a job transfer, and it's been incredible. However, there's one more life change many of us on here will sympathise with- the ongoing struggle against male pattern baldness.

What prompted the eventual nuclear response of shaving my head? Maybe it was that plane ride where I watched a really bad yet amazing Fast and Furious film starring Jason Statham and the Rock and their glorious domes. Maybe it was Stanley Tucci's in his Italy program. I really dig the look in any case, but the problem was all my hats were now too big- the hair I do have still on the back and sides is very, very thick, and I never knew how much it was padding out my hats until it was gone.

I tried the usual stick-felt-under-the-band trick, but the problem is the Irish weather. The wind gusts can be mighty, and it just didn't do the trick. After deciding the shaved head was here to stay, I knew I had to get them resized, but shipping back to the USA was going to be incredibly expensive, so I looked for an EU based hatter.

I reached out to both Hornskov and Hufvud- Hornskov surprisingly said they don't do hat refurbs at all (????), but Mikael was more than up to take them on, two Art Fawcetts and two Optimos, all of which I've had for 10-15 years now. I think the work he did was just fabulous, and I want to share some photos of them below. He actually did this for me well over a year ago, but life with the toddler has been pretty busy. :D

View attachment 597575

Granite VS in Lake Como.

View attachment 597577

It gets cold here.

View attachment 597579

My kid discovers my beard, hence a big chop. Navy Optimo. Really love this blocking.

View attachment 597583

Yeah, rain in Ireland.

View attachment 597585

View attachment 597586

Forest green Optimo. That awkward summer rain where it's bit too warm for a jacket.

View attachment 597587

One recent one, the Navy Optimo again. Not the most worn but probably my favourite now.

View attachment 597588

View attachment 597589

Fantastic! Wonderful to see those hats again. I really loved working with them. Those hats were made really well and it as a pleasure to restore and adapt the work made by Art and Optimo. It's why I love felt hats, they will live on for a long time. A bit of restoration is needed with time. Thank you for sharing and thank you for allowing me to help you out!

RBH

Bartender

View attachment 597575

Granite VS in Lake Como.

View attachment 597577

It gets cold here.

View attachment 597579

View attachment 597583

Yeah, rain in Ireland.

View attachment 597585

View attachment 597586

View attachment 597587

View attachment 597588

View attachment 597589

Great to see you again!!!!
Mikael did amazing work! His fedoras are equally amazing!!!
Congrats on the baby!! I hope we see you post more often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner