Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUFVUD HATMAKER | Lund, Sweden

EinarsM

Vendor
One of my favorite felt colors, DARK BROWN RUST. This is the FLOKI FEDORA in 100X BEAVER. Finished with a 50mm wide crown ribbon and a custom color DARK BROWN RUST brim binding. Made as a custom order.

PSX_20220508_135751.jpg
PSX_20220508_135802.jpg
PSX_20220508_135817.jpg
PSX_20220508_135827.jpg
PSX_20220508_135838.jpg
PSX_20220508_135850.jpg
PSX_20220508_135902.jpg

Here is something unique. It started as a custom order for a GORM FEDORA. The customer ended up going for a shark gill ribbon at the back. The felt is a 50X Beaver Blend in Camel color. 2.5 inch brim, 5 inch crown. The ribbon is 70mm wide.

View attachment 428212 View attachment 428213 View attachment 428214 View attachment 428215 View attachment 428216 View attachment 428217 View attachment 428218
Nice shape to it, Mikael and I really like the colour combination. I wouldn't call that a shark gill bow though; I think that is more a boxpleat bow.

EinarsM

Vendor
You're pricing yourself completely out of my range. :(
I am sorry to hear that. I am happy to have crafted a hat for you and I do wish to keep you on as a regular customer. But times are different for everyone.

General costs and price of felts have increased a lot, I have not followed along with it by increasing the price of my hats. Keeping 3 variations of felts is difficult to maintain during these past years. Cost of shipping alone is expensive.

Around 100 USD goes to sending a hat to USA (big chunk that comes out of my profit). Big box, but light weight. That's with all the taxes and export fees included. Secured UPS shipping, compared with local post that will misplace packages along the way.

But I do understand that it's a high price to pay for a hat, but what you get is amazing. That hats that I make today in 2022 are not the same as in before 2020. The craft improves, but the price stays somewhat the same. In my opinion, judging by the hats that I have compared with from competitors, I should be in the 1000 USD range for a 100X Beaver with all the details. But I chose not to ask for that. 500 USD for a 100X Beaver felt from Portugal is a great bargain.

I appreciate your comment Scott and for following along what I craft!

Regards,

Mikael

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Great work. Can I ask about the brim work, do you have a "homburg" curling shackle, maybe a special flange, or are you using another method to put the curl in? Just curious, love the work.

JakeHacker

New in Town
Please understand that I do not wish to offend and that I also can find some prices difficult to justify, that being said... These hats are exceptional and this is a rare level of both art and craftmanship. I would rather see them priced at luxury values than to see them and the maker lost to history. As to a decision to elevate/restrict the material quality to the highest levels, well good on you. I recognize the material quality as an essential foundation for all my purchase considerations, and yes I hope one day to procure a hat or two from this source, and yes I will need to take measures to allocate funds. I think they are worth it and applaud the intent to adhere to higher quality standards.

EinarsM

Vendor
Please understand that I do not wish to offend and that I also can find some prices difficult to justify, that being said... These hats are exceptional and this is a rare level of both art and craftmanship. I would rather see them priced at luxury values than to see them and the maker lost to history. As to a decision to elevate/restrict the material quality to the highest levels, well good on you. I recognize the material quality as an essential foundation for all my purchase considerations, and yes I hope one day to procure a hat or two from this source, and yes I will need to take measures to allocate funds. I think they are worth it and applaud the intent to adhere to higher quality standards.

Keep up the GOOD work!

Thank you very much! I appreciate the comments and compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ