Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I couldn't believe it when I heard this...

ITG, that website is quite a memorial. I am sure she would be quite impressed. :)
My grandmother is also long gone from my mother's side of the family. I was probably the only one who used to pry stories out of her. I really should have recorded them because my memory is not exactly a steel trap. :rolleyes:
I even got quite a bit of notice from one of my English teachers when I related a story she told me. It would have made an interesting twilight zone episode. ;)

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
MDFrench -- That is great that you learned of this from your grandmother. I would love to hear her stories!!

Seems to me that at least one person in your family has inherited a love of hats.

I have done some geneology research on my family and can tell you how important it is to get these stories from elders. If they are never told, a rich family history is lost.

I suggest you get her stories on tape (or video) if you can. I promise you, you will not regret it later on.

karol

ITG

Call Me a Cab
One year for her birthday, my uncle took her to Glamour Shots probably 15 years ago. She's always been into the Hollywood glam thing. She used to have a book with old Hollywood actors like Clark Gable and she would show me the pics (not sure why). Thanks, yes, she was a beautiful lady and a hoot to be around. Very vivacious. She was in love with my grandpa even after his death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner