Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I finally tried reverse rolls!

katiepickle

New in Town
I was having a really hard time keeping all of my hair in my hand while I was trying to do these, and hairspray was somehow making it worse, so....I used some of my SO's pomade (water based, the beeswax stuff is scary) and it worked like a charm! Kept all my hair in a maleable unit (even the partially-grown-out bangs) and since i used it sparaingly, it didn't weigh it down either. Highly recommended!

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
That works :D My boyfriend uses pomade too, and I used it once. I don't like it so much though because his stuff is really hard to get out, but his isn't waterbased either.

katiepickle

New in Town
I was too scared to use the other stuff. He made it himself out of a beeswax candle and vasoline, takes about a week to come out of his hair. I like Krew Comb, myself. They have it at Sally in the man-product area.

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
katiepickle said:
I was having a really hard time keeping all of my hair in my hand while I was trying to do these, and hairspray was somehow making it worse, so....I used some of my SO's pomade (water based, the beeswax stuff is scary) and it worked like a charm! Kept all my hair in a maleable unit (even the partially-grown-out bangs) and since i used it sparaingly, it didn't weigh it down either. Highly recommended!

Which is the water based pomade? I would like to try some as have a fringe too.

katiepickle

New in Town
I use Krew Comb, but J Crew makes one also (a little on the expensive side). As long as it has water on the ingredients list it should wash out pretty easily.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
katiepickle said:
I was too scared to use the other stuff. He made it himself out of a beeswax candle and vasoline, takes about a week to come out of his hair. I like Krew Comb, myself. They have it at Sally in the man-product area.

man-product... i like that lol

I use La Bella Water-based pomade when I'm doing pincurls. It was like $3 at the supermarket. Never tried it when doing rolls because I felt it would have made them too stiff.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ladies, you've inspired me to give the reverse rolls a try. Wish me luck! I'm going in! I'll post pictures tomorrow if I can get anything half decent out of it.

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
CanadaDoll said:
You look so fab!!!!!!:D

How did you get your rolls that way? my hair refuses to do anything for me:rage: lol

i think it pretty simple,just imagine it as a giant pincurl .and pin it when you have your finger in the middle of the roll :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats