Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new hat...

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Bolthead...

Oops on the Churchill 35 - had it as private pix, changed it to public, should open now. You asked for crown height on the Dobbs? I showed a Knox, Dunlap, Churchill and Bee. I do have some Dobbs in my other photo folders. Were you looking at one of those?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Snrbfshn said:
Oops on the Churchill 35 - had it as private pix, changed it to public, should open now. You asked for crown height on the Dobbs? I showed a Knox, Dunlap, Churchill and Bee. I do have some Dobbs in my other photo folders. Were you looking at one of those?
Very nice Churchill....yes, my fault I meant the Knox. I have a Knox Forty with a 5" crown & it's taking some getting used to. :rolleyes:
I realize yours is a Twenty though, was just wondering.

D

dzacca

Snrbfshn said:
I'm all in favor of you being yourself, so matter the circumstances. I would never think of not wearing my hat for anything. When you present yourself with confidence, your style is accepted as inherent.

As to choice of hat, I feel the Akubra (a fine lid) does not set as well with a dark suit and protocol as would a stylish dress hat. Not like a Homburg - something you can wear regularly with other outfits. Maybe something shaped like these (granted most are vintage, but there are a number of modern choices that look similar):

Dunlap Superior:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762329105122
Knox 20
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762329106067
Bee Dynafelt (wrong color, but this is a modern hat)
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762392666895
Churchill 35
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jtban1/album/576460762389431452

The Knox and the Dunlap are wonderful! :)

Now I'm waiting for Ken (camptown hats) to answer my second email, I think I'll go for that Metropolitan in light grey :rolleyes:

D

dzacca

DanielJones said:
You're quite welcome! If you're at all interested in a black hat in the near future, Ken will be coming out with a "Noir" Edition of the Metropolitan fairly soon. As a matter of fact it may already be out. He doesn't have it on his web site yet but if you e-mail him he should be able to tell you more about it. Just thought you would like to know. Also, Paddy may be able to tell you how folks react to gentlemen in hats.
Best wishes with your interview, hope you get the job.:)
Cheers!
Dan

Considering the very high expenses for the trip to Cork (680 Euros.. that's $900 with today's exchange rate... :eusa_doh: ) I'll have to wait for a black hat, even if it's a color I always wanted... :(

I just waited 1 day before booking the flight (I needed the employer to confirm the date for the interview) and the flight's cost was doubled... :eek: :rage:

Well... at least the'll pay my accomodation...

akaBruno

Suspended
All it takes is a lil steam and some handiwork and voi la... it's exactly how you want it. :)

I was wondering if you liked the color (Cruiser Grey) better?

D

dzacca

akaBruno said:
All it takes is a lil steam and some handiwork and voi la... it's exactly how you want it. :)

Yes, you're right, but I prefer a lighter grey, for this time... ;)

Sooner or later I'll probably buy a CEO.. (damn hat fever... :rolleyes:)

D

dzacca

bolthead said:
Join the club Brother. :D

Already bought a Cuenca and a Montecristi from bob 2 weeks ago... now I need a Light Grey Felt... then I need a blue one... and a tawny fawn... then... :rolleyes: :D :D

the only problem is that my bank account doesn't agree with me...[huh]

:eek:fftopic: I passed the Certification Exam for SUN Solaris System Administration :D

D

dzacca

bolthead said:
Well, then your bank account should be lookin', pardon the pun....BRIGHTER pretty soon, eh? :D

Brighter? maybe... Lighter? as soon as Ken answers my email... lol

D

dzacca

akaBruno said:

Anyone has a photo with the right color of the grey CEO? I found 2 different shots, and I can't understand what's the right one...

Looking to various posts on FL, the CEO would be more appropriate for a formal situation such this interview (thanks to Snrbfshn for pointing this out, and to akaBruno for suggesting the CEO).

D

dzacca

bolthead said:
Kudos, on passing your Exam. :eusa_clap

Thank you bolthead. Actually the certification has been quite challanging, they ask questions in a so strange way that often take a person to a wrong answer. BTW, now it's over... :)

Time for the next one...:rolleyes:

D

dzacca

dhermann1 said:
You got the job??? Does the job involve extensive world travel so you can make it to lots of FL events around the world?

The final interview is on 27th July. No travel involved, at least until I won't improve my career...

D

dzacca

Ok, I tried to wear a dress without an hat... but... NO WAY!!! :)

Really, I tried... but it looked like I was almost naked...

Unfortunately the hat Ken sent me hasn't yet arrived, but I think my grey melegari did well.

P1000113-l.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff