Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I plan to order an Aero FQHH Highwayman, have I forgotten anything?

JLStorm

Practically Family
HoosierDaddy said:
JL
Sorry...I just can't see how it could look right that long...
Would the side straps stay at the waist? Would it still have the wide band or hem at the bottom?
Do you have that long of a torso at 5'9"...for that length?
I do hope that you won't be disappointed.
HD

Think of a slightly shorter version of a long half belt with the highwayman hem at the bottom. It would have the same pocket configuration as the highwayman and would have no half belt. I would either keep the side straps in the same position as the long half belt or ditch them all together. The jacket have the more relaxed cut of the highwayman as opposed to a more tapered fit of a half belt.

Dont think of it as me having a long torso, think of it as having a jacket that covers more of the body. Where as the highwayman stops at about the belt line, this would stop about mid butt. It would be replacing a jacket that I am using as a template, so I have a pretty good idea of how it should look (I think).

Here is a photo I found online of the jacket I have that I am working off of. Obviously, they would not be identical as my current jacket leaves a lot to be desired, but this is the basic look. The zipper of this jacket starts at a slightly lower height than the long half belt, but that is because its also slightly shorter. Unfortunately my current jacket has no shape at all, which Im not crazy about. This is the length Im going after and and accentuated bottom hem of the highwayman:

StructureSuede.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
I have found that HD is always right about all things concerning leather jackets. I agree with his comments/concerns and the comments/concerns of the others posting in this thread. It seems to me that you are wanting a LHB. Maybe you considered that style, but eliminated it for personal tastes?

The LHB will probably be my next purchase. Or perhaps I may get another Highwayman and add an inch or so to the length--I am 6'.

Interbak

One of the Regulars
Why don't you consider the regular half-belt instead of the long. It could easily be made slightly longer, has uncovered slash pockets, and is a zipper front design. I had Aero make mine with a bi-swing back similar to the LHB, and that detail alone really makes the back of the jacket, IMHO.

Brian

JLStorm

Practically Family
Thanks for all of the opinions I ordered a jacket that was based off of the cheyenne, but uses a zipper and incorporates many style features of the highwayman. I will post photos upon its arrival. Aero convinced me to go with heavy steerhide over horsehide as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany