Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think my hat is dying! Anyone know hat CPR?

Woodfluter

Practically Family
markapsolon said:
I took the hat today to a local hatter. The only one here in Birmingham, Bon Ton Hatters. The shop has been in business since 1906 but has moved from mostly hat repairs to shoe repairs. The gentlemen I talked with looked at the hat and said he could repair the brim. I am going to pick it up on monday and I will let you know if the shop owner lived up to his pledge. The shop had a great look to it. One wall full of hats, blocks, etc and the other side with shoe repair equipment. Great atmosphere! He seemed happy to see a younger looking guy with a fur fedora for repair.

Great Mark! When you get it back, don't hesitate to post a photo and let us see how this turned out. You're lucky to have a shop like that...doubt there's anything comparable in Atlanta now. Then again, if I had several hats that needed attention, B'ham is within reach!

I suspect the hat may end up being better overall than when you bought it - just a guess.

- Bill

markapsolon

New in Town
Woodfluter said:
Great Mark! When you get it back, don't hesitate to post a photo and let us see how this turned out. You're lucky to have a shop like that...doubt there's anything comparable in Atlanta now. Then again, if I had several hats that needed attention, B'ham is within reach!

You are just a stone throw away over in Atlanta.:) I am surprised they do not have at lest one hatter in the city since Atlanta is bigger than Birmingham.

I stopped by the shop this morning and he told me it would not be ready until later in the day. I should have it tomorrow and I will update then. I hope it turned out well and I will post a pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff