Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IC / FS: HIMEL BROS. PINECREST CR LEATHER JACKET AMERICAN OAK STEERHIDE SIZE 42"

58panheadfan

One Too Many
IC/FS:

HIMEL BROS. PINECREST CAFE RACER LEATHER JACKET

Type: Himel Bros.
Style: Vintage 20's / 30's CR Jacket Pinecrest
Leather: American Steerhide Oak
Color: Brownish

Specs:
CR Style
Durable all Black Cotton lining
Chinese Collar
Ellbow Patches
Talon Front Zipper
2 Chest Pockets, Universal Diamond Zippers
2 Sleeve Pockets, Talon Zippers
No longer in regular Production, custom made only
Labelled as Size 42" , see Measurements

Measurements (Chest on Front, Shoulder on Back):
P2P: 22.75" (58 cm)
Shoulder seam to seam: 18.5" (47 cm)
Back: 25" (63.5 cm)
Sleeve straight: 25.5" (65 cm)

Condition:
NOS (New old Stock) made in 2015, tried on only, flawless

Price: US-$ 1'350.00 OBO PayPal F&F or add 4%
Shipping worldwide: US-$ 60.00 trackable

Private sale, all sales are final - thank you for your interest!

Pictures:

FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Front_1.jpg
FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Back_1.jpg
FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Lining.jpg
FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Collar.jpg
FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Ellbow_Patch.jpg
FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Talon_Zipper.jpg
FL_Himel_Pinecrest_Universal_Zipper.jpg

Last edited:

Damon141

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket. Wish it were a size larger. GLWS!
I said the same thing. And I can attest for this leather.

I’m surprised when I see jackets like this not sold, the size seems to be more in the more average category and who can beat a brand new Himel 1/2 the cost of buying one direct.

I don’t have the experience with leather as many other members but have owned numerous Schott jackets, Fox Creek, some various Lambskin and goat jackets and one Himel with Shinki pigment finish which entered me into the world of should I say high quality jackets.

But recently I did receive a bespoke Kensington in this exact same Black Oak Steerhide and I can say it is amazing. I have no regrets in choosing this over Shinki. I had/have two Shinki jackets I’m on the waiting list for so I decided to try something different. I know Shinki is beloved here and I liked it to the short time I handled it but I’m also in the camp where I refuse to accept that they are the only tannery in the world that can make great leather. So when Dave himself told me about this Steerhide which is chrome tanned then vegetable re tanned, which gave it a unique pull up effect and also carried the softness, durability, and water resistance that chrome tanned is known for, I was sold.

096B0677-8E39-494A-A1F0-C255DF3F9B81.jpeg

I néed to do a proper review but the weather here in the southeast United States is hot and humid so I would not be able to give my full review the board deserves for sharing so much information with me.

But I can say from talking to 58panhead that the only reason he is parting with this jacket is that he is more of a cross zip guy, and he loves the leather and has another Himel in this same steer hide.

Attachments

• FF66755D-C22A-4B9E-B1CC-F632357C7DD2.jpeg
    FF66755D-C22A-4B9E-B1CC-F632357C7DD2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49

BikerMan

A-List Customer
absolutely a gorgeous jacket. Love the leather and the look. I’m more of a one piece back but that’s beautiful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko