Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideal Character / Grain

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
My Aero halfbelt is 9 years old now. It was all new and smooth out of the box, and the fun for me has been wearing it and letting the character develop in the leather with each new adventure. I've dragged it across Europe and Australia and it's been shown no favours. I think Craig has summed up the way I feel perfectly with the above statement.

Right on! I think you have captured how most leather jackets develop a relationship with us through the years. Heck even some of my worse ones developed great patina and carried brilliant stories.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
My Aero halfbelt is 9 years old now. It was all new and smooth out of the box, and the fun for me has been wearing it and letting the character develop in the leather with each new adventure. I've dragged it across Europe and Australia and it's been shown no favours. I think Craig has summed up the way I feel perfectly with the above statement.

Yup, well said Wes. I've never babied my jackets either, the enjoyment is in wearing the things and them developing patina, and that is always best if you wear them and wear them hard. Leather jackets are meant to get dinged up with the odd scuff and scratch mark, it's what gives it character, they're not a bloody dinner suit!

How's it going with the wee one by the way, getting any sleep? ;)

JLStorm

Practically Family
I've gone to bison for the grain and I don't know that I can go back. Just ordered a second bison jacket and even before I knew what I wanted as far as style, I knew it had to be bison.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hah not a dinner jacket! Too right Smithy! Harry's going great thanks mate, sleeps well & is real close to walking at almost 11 months. How is yr bundle of joy going?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hah not a dinner jacket! Too right Smithy! Harry's going great thanks mate, sleeps well & is real close to walking at almost 11 months. How is yr bundle of joy going?

Good to hear Wes. Our little fella is very good, already sleeping 7 to 8 hours over night at 14 weeks, his big sister was just the same so we're VERY lucky ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24