Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Identify this A2

Working_Man

New in Town
Well this is my latest thrift find. The label says A-2, I assume it's a clone, it's a nice jacket, it feels like goat to me but who knows. I got it cheap and it fits me well. the knitting is heavy and the quality seems very good to me, the zipper is marked Scovill gripper USA. Any ideas on this jacket? Heres some pics:
2004_0113magrack0019.jpg

2004_0113magrack0023.jpg

2004_0113magrack0024.jpg

2004_0113magrack0022.jpg

2004_0113magrack0011.jpg

2004_0113magrack0010.jpg

2004_0113magrack0001.jpg

Working Man

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i looked up the Kropp Enterprises on the tag and it looks like they've been selling flight gear since 1980. could be a clue.
-SM

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
The Hammonton, NJ address suggests Flight Apparel Industries, an outfit that seems to have shut down in 1986 after the proprietor was killed flying his own plane. :(

Several Kropp Enterprises kropp up on Google including public relations, natural gas and cheese curds.

That would be my guess as the design, tag, and stitching around the tag looks just like the Flight Apparel Industries Jackets. I would guess Flight Apparel Industries made the jacket and tagged it for Kropp

I saw a whole bunch of these (Flight Apparel Industries) jackets around the upper East coast (New Jersey, New York, Massachussetts, Connecticut) in 1999 selling for about $125 retail and actually bought one myself. Not a bad jacket for the price. Lots of technaical inaccuracies compared to an original, but again, not bad for the price.

They pop up on eBay from time to time.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Working_Man said:
Well I guess I didn't do too bad, I got it at a local thrift shop for $29.99 and it looks unworn, I can remedy that, LOL
Working Man

Well done. You really got a bargain for your money. Enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou