Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Mike- hmmm….maybe :D

Dagwood- wow….Carole Landis is gorgeous. Thank you so much for the link for all of the photos. The pictures gave me a lot of ideas for different hairstyles.

Audrey Horne- I really wish my lips were like hers. I should try making my lips look plumper like hers with some lipstick.

Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
ScotRace

ScotRace: Here's a couple lookalikes for you:
First, you:

IMG_6659.jpg

Then Dave Garroway:
Garroway.jpg

And how about Robert Q. Lewis?
RobertQLewis.jpg

I'm wondering how many of our younger Loungers will have no idea who these two gentlemen were.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
I really have no idea of who I look like, when I tried the celeb look a like, it gave me Hillary Duff (what???) Retro Baby Doll you remind me of someone, but I can't place it yet. You are very pretty. I'll keep racking my brain for the golden era celeb.
0079-1.jpg
[/IMG]

M Tatterscratch - I do love Fellix the Cat

Feebeeps

New in Town
I'm not sure I really look like anyone from the golden era but I did play Rita Hayworth in a cabaret show six years ago :)(I need to find prod pics from that show) A couple of years ago I was mistaken for Morgan Webb in Vegas by quite a few people.

Anyway, this pic was taken the other day on New Years day. Do I look like anyone?

l_8276226e3cd8668880888c5bc176543a.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Feebeeps said:
I'm not sure I really look like anyone from the golden era but I did play Rita Hayworth in a cabaret show six years ago :)(I need to find prod pics from that show) A couple of years ago I was mistaken for Morgan Webb in Vegas by quite a few people.

Anyway, this pic was taken the other day on New Years day. Do I look like anyone?

l_8276226e3cd8668880888c5bc176543a.jpg
Stephanie Powers. Vavavoom.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
ScotRace: Here's a couple lookalikes for you:
First, you:

IMG_6659.jpg

Then Dave Garroway:

And how about Robert Q. Lewis?

I'm wondering how many of our younger Loungers will have no idea who these two gentlemen were.

I see a fair share of Robert Mitchum, too:
robertmitchumcollection.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
Someone do me! :)

50sflannel001.jpg

holiday2007009.jpg

Funny, a friend of mine was very blunt with me the other day and said something to the extent of, "You don't necessarily look like people did back then or carry yourself the same way. So why do you dress this way?" He has seen these pictures and said that, oddly enough. (I was posing to show off the suit in the top picture, I'll normally have my hands in my coat or trouser pockets when chilling out like that.) Hey, I'm working on my posture at least!

EDIT: By the way RBD, your lips are fine as they are as far as I'm concerned.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
Someone do me! :)

50sflannel001.jpg

holiday2007009.jpg

Funny, a friend of mine was very blunt with me the other day and said something to the extent of, "You don't necessarily look like people did back then or carry yourself the same way. So why do you dress this way?" He has seen these pictures and said that, oddly enough. (I was posing to show off the suit in the top picture, I'll normally have my hands in my coat or trouser pockets when chilling out like that.) Hey, I'm working on my posture at least!

EDIT: By the way RBD, your lips are fine as they are as far as I'm concerned.
Jovan: John Garfield. I hope you told your friend POLITELY to kiss your . . . uhh . . . errr . . . ya know what I mean?

@Ms. Hadley: Just calling it as I see it, dear lady--it's one thing to lift pieces of somebody else's style and add new twists to make it your own, but slavish devotion to matching another's look unless you're portraying them specifically tends to mean not being comfortable in one's own skin and thus a confidence problem--and confidence is one of the most attractive (if present) or unattractive (if absent) qualities there is, right behind personal character for importance IMO. (The whole "wrapper vs. content" thing I've referred to before.)

Yeah, I know, somebody's gonna try to turn my own words against me on the MacA look--that's different, I carry a big chunk of his mind in my head, don't care what it looks like to others since it's what I'm comfortable with, and my "make it my own" comes from a significant bulk-up proportionate to height and from attitude.

Jovan

Suspended
dhermann1 said:
Jovan: John Garfield. I hope you told your friend POLITELY to kiss your . . . uhh . . . errr . . . ya know what I mean?
I did, but in a polite way. I kindly reminded him that Jimmy Stewart is also lanky... actually he's thin as hell in You Can't Take it With You. Even his double breasted dinner jacket didn't visually widen him that much! Most of his clothing really complements him though, so he's one of my sartorial icons of the past.

So I look like this guy, eh? I don't see the resemblance. [huh]

garfield2zn3.jpg

Feebeeps

New in Town
Thanks Diamondback, that was sweet :)

Stephanie Powers? Hmm, im not sure I see it... but maybe.

Vivian Leigh? I wish :) Actually in my thinner, younger days I was compared to her, so I guess she isn't too far off. My problem being that I am 6 feet tall!

When I started off as an actress in my teen years, I think my non-resemblance to anyone famous was a plus because I had a unique look. It's still always fun to hear what people think though :)

Mustang

One of the Regulars
No one from "The Golden Era", but I used to get "George Strait" comparisons all of the time when I used to wear a cowboy hat (go figure!) [huh] . Whether I do or not will have to remain a mystery...no photos to post (at the moment anyway). ;) :D

Besides the George Strait thing, I don't know what it is about me though, everyone, and I mean everyone says I look like someone they know. Usually some relative, or friend. I must have a very generic look or something. [huh]

I really am curious who I'll be compared to, if anyone, once I get my fedora (I don't have one...yet).

edit: Sorry, I just realized the question is who do I think I look like: I have no idea :eusa_doh: lol . Maybe I'll edit this and post some photos so everyone else can provide suggestions.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Nobody has said that I look like anyone from the Golden era, but last week someone stopped me saying that I look like Seattle Seahawks (and former Green Bay Packers) coach Mike Holmgen. Personally, I don't think so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy