Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ihj-64 fit check. *sleeves*.

summer69

New in Town
hey guys i got this ihj-64 jacket a few days ago and been wearing it since.
its starting to break in real nice but the sleeves are definitely on the longer side. would yall say this is acceptable or should i have them altered?

Attachments

• 2024-02-17_02-50-05.jpg
    2024-02-17_02-50-05.jpg
    537.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 2024-02-17_02-50-11.jpg
    2024-02-17_02-50-11.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 112

cbez

One Too Many
I had mine altered. Had to taper them and open the seam up to recreate more room for the cuff.

I think it depends on you, does the cuff feel uncomfortable with the pressure from the longer sleeves? That's the kind of thing that will make me not wear a jacket and they end up just sitting in my closet.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Doesn’t look bad. It’s a comfort thing where the cuff stacks on the hand like Cbez said. If you’re ok with it then no need to spend to alter. It’ll develope some nice tunneling creases once you put some wearing time in them.

summer69

New in Town
getting my hands through the openings is a bit difficult but getting more easy with each passing wear.

it doesnt feel uncomfortable to wear at all.

@cbez mind telling me who did your alterations? or if anyone has a recommendation?

cbez

One Too Many
Done by Dena but I read she might not be taking work rn because of health or something

mumpy

A-List Customer
hey guys i got this ihj-64 jacket a few days ago and been wearing it since.
its starting to break in real nice but the sleeves are definitely on the longer side. would yall say this is acceptable or should i have them altered?
Looks a bit too tight around the cuffs. Maybe it is ok for you but it would bother me.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought the same jacket a couple months back and I have the exact same issue. I have decided to leave it alone for now, and put some good wear into it to see how the creases set in to shorten the sleeves without me doing anything.
I love everything about the jacket, except for the sleeve length, but it does not bother me enough to feel like I need to do something about it immediratelyprobably because when I button the cuffs, the sleeves stay back up off my hands and don’t bother me

MTS

Familiar Face
Looks really good! A tiny bit long but should shorten itself with some more creasing. Great jacket, congrats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner