Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IJ punching sounds?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Hey fellas, does anyone know where I cna find some files of Raiders style punching effects? That distinctive thwap sound that was used throughout all the movies, that is so recognizable of Ben Burtt's work. The one that was achieved by using a baseball bat on a leather jacket?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm doing a computer project and my sound library is lacking.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
The credits should list the foley studio/artists who made the sounds in more detail. Is it possible for you to capture the audio from a copy of the movie?

Jerekson

One Too Many
It's possible, but I'm trying to think of any scenes that don't have any background music or noise. All that comes to mind is the Raven Bar, but I'm not sure how far I could get with that.

poetman

A-List Customer
a friend of mine had the 2-disc special editions, and inside they explained many of the sound effects. For example, Indy's gun sound was really a shot gun. If the film features do not work, try inquiring at a local art/film school.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Jerekson said:
Hey fellas, does anyone know where I cna find some files of Raiders style punching effects? That distinctive thwap sound that was used throughout all the movies, that is so recognizable of Ben Burtt's work. The one that was achieved by using a baseball bat on a leather jacket?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm doing a computer project and my sound library is lacking.

I haven't seen the new Indy film yet, but back in the day, as they say, the sound of a punch was taking a flat, thin piece of wood and smacking a grapefruit cut in half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy