Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm a new Member! Thanks

gdiego

New in Town
Wow....I stumbled upon this sight after viewing a picture of my grandfather with a great looking hat. A fedora I was told. He always wore a hat. (Dress and casual) So, I was on a quest to search for a vintage hat like his. Now….I am 55 and becoming a little thin on top but this is certainly not the reason for my quest. I do sport the usual sporting caps and always wear one on the golf course but as I reminiscence of my past and my grandfather, I longed for that “look” he proudly portrayed.
Needless to say, it has become an obsession. I searched stores for miles for a hat without finding what I was searching for until I searched Ebay. I then found a couple of vintage hats of my size. (7) (At least I think it’s my size. I visited many stores trying on many different hats and found that “7” seems to be the best)

I placed a bid and actually won two hats. I excitedly pass the news on to my “long-time” girlfriend of my purchase. “Ugh, you bought a used sweaty hat? Isn’t that gross?”

I then stumbled upon the Fedora Lounge where “people” actually talk about vintage hats and offer a plethora of reliable information. My first evening I spent about 7 hours scanning through information of styles of hats, etiquette, brands, fur felt, wool felt, etc, I found myself soaking up my new found passion like a sponge and I still don’t know my ass from my elbow. I did discover, however, that the best hats are of the vintage variety which I passed on to “D”. I feel better now and I am waiting for my delivery of my first two fedoras. I will pass more pictures on when they arrive but for now I can offer a link to my purchases.

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum and helping me refine my interest in vintage hats. I appreciate all the information you can offer.
As I view my Ebay watch list, I have no less than (5) hats I’m looking to purchase. This is going to be a long journey. ..Obsession?
Thanks Again………

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Hey- welcome to the lounge, I hope you enjoy it here.

first, what hats did you win?
second, only 5 hats in the watch list? lol wait 'till the bug Really bites.

RedPop4

One Too Many
HAIL and WELL MET.

I often have tons of hats on my watch list.But rarely do anything about them. I've been here nearly a year, and I've done well. Only two eBay hats and one lovely hat from the Panama HatWorks of Montecristi.

Welcome to the Party!

Welcome to the Lounge and enjoy the club atmosphere.
We're celebrating life in our own special way, right here, every day!

The gang loves to discuss many topics and we are well stocked with fashion ideas, and vintage knowledge, feel free to ask questions.

With your fedora interests I'd like to suggest picking up a copy of the premier issue of Classic Style magazine: some swell hat info there.

And you may want to start a special savings place for a little moolah to come out November 2007 to Long Beach CA to attend the Queen Mary event, the Lounge's great get together.

We look forward to some pictures so we can share in your vintage fedora finds!

Welcome again!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
We have "OCD" meetings on the third Friday of the month.

gdiego said:
Wow....I stumbled upon this sight after viewing a picture of my grandfather with a great looking hat. A fedor

......This is going to be a long journey. ..Obsession?
Thanks Again………

Welcome to the Lounge! Glad to have you. Browse the forums, and prior posts..and please....POST a lot!

Enjoy! :eusa_clap

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Time for the Welcome Routine!

Welcome to the lounge Mr. Diego! I hope you find it in your eye to go beyond the hat and start making your way down to your shoes!

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
You're in for a fine ride...

Welcome to the Lounge. You'll find the beer cold, the women hot and the folks kindred.

For a long time, it was not unusual for me to have 50 to 70 hats on my watch list. And truth be told, I've been known to overindulge, and thus have hats and hatboxes stacked floor-to-ceiling in the spare bedroom.

I made the pledge to the missus that I will severely judge the lot of them and let the least-worn head off to more appreciative pates. At this point that looks to be about 36 to 40 of them.

But no, I'm quite sure I don't have a problem.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Hail Fellow, well met.

Glad you found us, in the last month, since finding this place I have, "felt," at home here.

Found a place that will sell me an Akubra, "Sydney" that I can bash myself. Gonna make that step soon.

44forrest

New in Town
A shared yearning

Welcome abord. I identify with your urge to grasp for a piece of the past. We come from the same generation. I have always worn a hat, summer and winter. My first quality hat was a worn out Stetson that belonged to my uncle. He handed it down to me. It lookd like Jed Clampets hat complete with the hole at the pinch. I wore it with pride throughout my long haired redneck years. I have dressed western since a young age, love boots and hats ( I recently found a great bootmaker on ebay, Sun City Boots, picked up two pair of hand made top quality material boots from him for $40 a pair plus $15 shipping. They are beautifully made boots and I couldn't believe I was the only bidder. But it seems most people shop ebay trolling by name brand, and who ever heard of Sun City Boots? I feel so guilty for having gotten them so cheap that I feel obliged to try and send some business his way.) When my grandfather died I inherited his Open Road hat that suited me well for several years after the Stetson was stolen in a Colorado bar. The Open Road was stolen in a bar as well. I haven't had a hat stolen since I quit drinking. I have only purchased two new hats in my life, a beige Stetson I purchased in 1977 (I still have it, wore it to work today as a matter of fact) and a wide brim dark green Scala fedora which looks great with my leather jacket. I have picked up a few hats at yard sales and three on ebay. I love browsing ebay because I love looking at OLD hats. Wearing a 3 in. plus brimmed robust fur felt hat makes me feel like a sanctified man. Welcome back in time to the Lounge, where quality is timeless and reverance is paid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo