Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm makeing a Zoot Suit!

josh

New in Town
My mom had a Simplicity zoot suit pattern that she lent me. Unfortunately it is a costume pattern, but it is pretty good. I just need to invent real pockets for the jacket. The jacket comes down to my knees. I am going to line the whole thing instead of just the sleeves as per the pattern. It is Yellow wool I got for half price ($17.50 for the whole suit).

It is coming along pretty well, unfortunatly I spent all day sewing it instead of working. Good thing I am self employed.

If anyone want's a copy of the pattern send me an email
jpchapboy at hotmail.com

I need a good hat now.
Josh

Emily C.

New in Town
Congratulations! I have made a zoot suit from that pattern and it turned out nice. Good luck and you need to post a picture when you are done!
Emily

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Krazy Daddy-o

Nuthin more outrageous than a zoot. Somebody is selling zoot hats on ebay for around 35 bucks. Saw them the other day and they look pretty groovy in either black or white with a 3 inch brim and an oh - so - low crown. :fedora:

josh

New in Town
Zoot suit pattern

Several people have asked for a copy of the pattern. I don't ming copying it and sending it to you, but i have to copy it by hand (black sharpie marker on clear plastic) It takes me time to do, so I have to charge about $65 for the copy plus S&H (about $6-$10). If you can find the pattern on ebay or somewhere else I bet it will be cheaper. If you can't find it cheaper send an email.
Josh

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
josh said:
I have to charge about $65 for the copy plus S&H (about $6-$10).

smiley-lachen-laughing.gif

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Heck, that is the only reason I joined. I just got too lazy to ever post to classified. Wait till you see all the crap I try to unload when I get motivated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda