Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Im Visiting Tokyo soon. Any shop recommendations?

Oskinator

New in Town
So in two weeks time ill be on vacation with my best friend in the heart of Tokyo. Weve been saving up for this for a while now and im very excited. I was already planning on Visiting a few shops like 666 Harajuku. Im posting this thread to collect some other suggestions. Vintage shops and the like aswell

Ive decided to reach alittle deeper into my pocket and buy myself a nice Jacket with which ill always remember this trip.

I welcome all suggestions!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My personal advice would be to not make your trip too narrowly about workwear, even when it comes to shopping, because there is so much to check out in Japan and workwear is the least of it.

For instance, there are makers who do amazing tailoring and other crafts, often for much cheaper than their western equivalents (because Tokyo rents are far lower than London), or for that matter ready-to-wear clothing of quite high quality. And even those things come in various types; everything from mid-century American style to English tailoring, to Neapolitan-trained, etc.

Oskinator

New in Town
My personal advice would be to not make your trip too narrowly about workwear, even when it comes to shopping, because there is so much to check out in Japan and workwear is the least of it.

For instance, there are makers who do amazing tailoring and other crafts, often for much cheaper than their western equivalents (because Tokyo rents are far lower than London), or for that matter ready-to-wear clothing of quite high quality. And even those things come in various types; everything from mid-century American style to English tailoring, to Neapolitan-trained, etc.
Yeah itll be a 2 week trip. First week well spend it all on exploring Tokyo as much as possible. The second week well be going on some small adventures with the rail pass

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Ueno Ameyoko, there are a few gems, under the train bridge, Americaya(s), Hinoya, and Hakuraido across. Between those stores you can probably try on 90% of the brands shown here in the forum if they have the size.

BigPond

Familiar Face
Be sure to check out Iron Heart if you’re remotely in to denim. Nearly everything in the shop is about $250 usd, far below export prices.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Be sure to check out Iron Heart if you’re remotely in to denim. Nearly everything in the shop is about $250 usd, far below export prices.

Likewise, check out PBJ. Both brands have a policy of basically doubling prices overseas (including from JP companies that sell overseas).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner