Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Immaculate Resistol 5X

This is one of two hats that belonged to a prominent New York City politician who received it as a gift for a speaking engagement and never wore it... 5X Beaver Resistol, size 7 1/4. I'm unsure of the vintage, but those of you more versed in Resistol marks can probably help. His Stetson Open Road was a late 1950s hat... this one perhaps a little more recent. The felt is very much like the 1950s Stetson, lightweight and moldable. Though it has been resting in a cattleman crease for decades, it took a fedora modification happily. Original Resistol box included.

I would like to trade for a similar condition/value 7 1/8 hat. For a sale price, I would like $225.00 (shipping included.)

resistol1.jpg

resistol2.jpg

resistol6.jpg

resistol5.jpg

resistol3.jpg

It is a beauty and in mint conditon. It aaaaaaaallllllmost fits me with a little padding... I considered regrowing my 60s afro, but I would look more like Larry from the 3 stooges today. I bought these 2 hats to trade. Found a good home for one and hoping this Resistol finds a place in a fellow lounger's collection.

I think I must have more interest in this hat than anyone else... so I think I'm meant to pad behind the hatband and wear it myself. If anyone has a different idea, drop me a line. 8^)

thanks for looking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart