Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In search of jacket

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
IT's the sort of Belstaff equivalent, I think, but it's much 'busier' - what makes the Lerwis so classy is its simplicity, imo. Very true to the earliest Brit leathers.

The sheepskin looks nice, but it is on the fragile side by coimparison. I certainly wouldn'tg ride in it, put it that way.

AFAIK, Lewis don't use teacore - I don't think it's an especially popular look among their market (most Lewis buyers are in the revival scene, and seeking an 'of the era' look, rather than wanting a jacket that looks seventy years old (the latterbeing what inspireed the teacore fad). Both their horse and cow feel nice. Don't know if I'd want to go the upcharge for the horse, but both really nice hides. The sheepskin looks great, if you're prepared for it being that touch more fragile.

Wouldn't you call the new veg tanned cow we saw last year tea core? It is a black leather on brown hide, which IMO is what tea core describes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points