Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inception Jackets

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know which jackets were used in the film Inception? Possibly Aero?

leonardo-dicaprio-ignites-inception.jpg

Joseph-on-the-set-of-Inception-September-12-joseph-gordon-levitt-8132079-817-1222.jpg

Gancho

One of the Regulars
the jackets stick out while i watched the movie.
I think none of them is made by AERO. Looks for me more like real vintage ones.

Thanks for opening this tread.

Olli

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Leo's is okay, but the little fella's looks too small and badly cut from my persepective and reminds me of those tight fitting jackets guys wore in the 1970's. ;) But you can probably get away with one if you are rake thin and a kid.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Both the jackets seem to fit, to me;

it's only that DiCaprio has larger shoulders than the other guy, different body frames so different visual impressions, but I'd don't say one fits better than the other...

there's a '70s "vibe" nonetheless. Well, I guess not every one loves the '40s...

Ciao!

Navin323i

Practically Family
This post has reminded me to thank everyone here in the Outerwear subforum... why? Prior to me joining this site I never really paid much attention to the leather jackets worn in tv shows and movies, but now the moment I see any leather jacket in a movie I'm entirely focused on it... this is good in the sense that I'm more observant now in support of my leather jacket appreciation hobby and for that I thank everyone here, but bad in the sense that I wind up focusing on the jacket and miss out on the dialog, etc. that follows after the point I first see the jacket, LOL. :D

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi Navin!

Very nice thread to the post. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the jacket heads here..............we're glad you are a part and frequent contributor to the Outerwear subforum as well. That's what I like about Direct TV, (hopefully other TV dish and cable providers have this capibility as well) being able to rewind and freeze if needed, footage that was missed because of prolonged lusting over a leather jacket or.....?

Best regards, coffee

Navin323i

Practically Family
too much coffee said:
Hi Navin!

Very nice thread to the post. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the jacket heads here..............we're glad you are a part and frequent contributor to the Outerwear subforum as well. That's what I like about Direct TV, (hopefully other TV dish and cable providers have this capibility as well) being able to rewind and freeze if needed, footage that was missed because of prolonged lusting over a leather jacket or.....?

Best regards, coffee

Haha!!! Great point you made about being able to stop and rewind if one has a service like DirectTV or even Tivo. I was actually referring to times when watching movies at the theater, though I did recently on the tv at my parents house (they have Dish Network and can stop and rewind TV) see a Daniel Craig movie (forget the name) where he wears a really cool leather jacket and it's basically him and his brother who is played by the same actor who played "Sabertooth" in the last Wolverine X-Men movie... the movie is about 3 brothers who help protect Jews from the Nazis in the Russian forests during WW2... sorry I can't remember the movie name.

Thanks for the kind words, Coffee... I equally feel the same about you and the others here... it's really cool that we're all such a close-knit community. I used to spend so much time in the BMW enthusiast forums and would spend a lot of money on car modifications, but because of the economy I've immensily cut down on the number of car mods I do (I've done only one this year), so it's nice to have this new hobby of leather jacket collecting to fill the void in me, LOL.

It's scary for me to think that had I not done an internet search one day for "Schott 141" then I would have never stumbled upon this Fedora Lounge site and I would have never known about Aero. :)

G'c

Familiar Face
Agree with Navin that these forums made us pay much more attention to the wardrobe, great leather jackets on tv + movies.... there's definitely more than meets the eye... for me it's the filmjackets forum of the house jacket that attracted me first.. from then on it's neverending.

For inception I have been asking around for this jacket's maker but so far to no avail, I even left a comment on another webpage which the guy interviewed the costume designer, he kindly replied and said he will look into it.

I especially love Leo's jacket, just love that patina, design and leather !!

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
That'll be 'Defiance' Navin, a good film I seem to remember but overly long IMO. I Believe Magnoli make a jacket in this style, looks pretty decent.

Haven't seen Inception yet but now I have another excuse too!

Navin323i

Practically Family
JakeHolman said:
That'll be 'Defiance' Navin, a good film I seem to remember but overly long IMO. I Believe Magnoli make a jacket in this style, looks pretty decent.

Haven't seen Inception yet but now I have another excuse too!

Ahhh.... that's it!!! "Defiance" was such a good movie. Thanks for helping this old geezer remember. :D

I'll have to check out Magnoli's site then... thanks again, Jake! :)

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Working with Joe Gordon Levitt on a film in NYC right now.. I was disappointed to find that Christopher Nolan (the director) didn't even have his own answers for a lot of stuff in the movie.. he just felt he'd leave it up to the viewers to come up with their own ideas. I was kinda hoping to get some definitive answers about a couple of parts. Joe's a nice guy though and is very proud of the film.

PhilR

New in Town
DiCaprio's jacket is great. Perfect fit & break-in, nice color, and simple with enough details to keep it interesting. Looks to be a mid-weight warmer weather jacket, probably really soft..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner