Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones' origins: An interview with costume designer Deborah Landis

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I think Bermans and Nathan's made that costume to Nadoolman's pattern - they are now called Angels in the UK. Why not contact them for some ideas? If you can get past the admin worker and onto a creative, you might be given an idea or two.
Thanks for the tip, Angels seem to concentrate mainly on crochet work, but I've had another idea. There are books that have costumes from famous films, I'll give that a try.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
"Now everyone knows how impossible it is to find a hat that looks good on them. Some people say ‘I’m not a hat person’. You are a hat person, because in the old days you would have had to wear one, you just don't have the availability of the right hat and you don’t have your personal costume designer to help you find it."
"The most important thing about the jacket is that all costume designers work the same way. We work so specifically, and we work the same way on hits and flops. But we don’t create the icons, the audience creates the icons. When you fell in love with Indiana Jones, I may have had a part in it, and Steven helped, but it’s the public that creates the image, it was the public that made him a hero."
I think these quotes are both smart and insightful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112