Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

Jovan

Suspended

Jovan

Suspended
Because it's not a 1949 weapon. ;)

The RPG-7, which Indy is holding, was first fielded in 1961. The differences between the RPG-2 and RPG-7 are noticeable, mainly the flared end and wood shape.

What would have been issued in 1957:
rpg-2.jpg

Indiana's, but with a scope and additional handgrip:
rpg-7.jpg

I can't say I blame them. RPG-2s must be very hard to come by these days considering 7s are so much more widespread and used by anyone from governments to extremist groups. Pretty much the AK47 of rocket launchers.

A.R. McVintage

Jovan said:
I'm not exactly sure what that response was for, but I did answer your question...

Okay means simply that.

Upon closer reading I saw that I misinterpreted the "1949 RPG" post to begin with.:)

kiltie

Practically Family
SPOILER?!?!?!?!?

DON'T READ THIS (unless I'm the last person on earth who doesn't already know this... which is entirely possible. Also, please inform me if I'm a complete idiot. )

I was flipping through the Yahoo movies page to see if they'd given any indication as to the fact that the preview is supposed to start rolling tomorrow. Anyhoo, I click on the cast info, and who should I see there but... Kate Capshaw as Willie Scott!

I was surprised and found this both a spoiler and, I don't want to say worrisome, but...curious? Is this right? Am I the only one who doesn't know? Should I get a Life? Is this thing on? Hello...hellooo...

RBH

Bartender
kiltie said:
DON'T READ THIS (unless I'm the last person on earth who doesn't already know this... which is entirely possible. Also, please inform me if I'm a complete idiot. )

I was flipping through the Yahoo movies page to see if they'd given any indication as to the fact that the preview is supposed to start rolling tomorrow. Anyhoo, I click on the cast info, and who should I see there but... Kate Capshaw as Willie Scott!

I was surprised and found this both a spoiler and, I don't want to say worrisome, but...curious? Is this right? Am I the only one who doesn't know? Should I get a Life? Is this thing on? Hello...hellooo...
Willie Scott is the weatherman on the Today Show....isnt he? :D

Just kidding... I have not seen or heard this till now..
Veeerrrry interesting!!!!!!!!

kiltie

Practically Family
Preview...

It's on Yahoo! Yeah, it's pretty good. Definately looks like Indy will be in the action drivers seat with plenty of humor added, for good measure. Some of the scenes have a real "spectacle" look to them that I hope doesn't detract. I think it's time for me to start looking for reasons to be disappointed in this movie before it arrives, that way when it turns out to be awesome, I'll be twice as happy...

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
The trailer looks great. The Vanity Fair article was worrisome.

Totally agree! I don't want them to deal with the kid side kick (who maybe Indy's love child - shudder) like they did in The Mummy 2 movie.

Jovan

Suspended
I saw the trailer. The only thing that worries me is the way they're handling special effects. The car ride near the cliff edge and the explosion knocking away two (?) soldiers looked decidedly fake to me. Hasn't ILM learned a thing or two since Revenge of the Sith? [huh] IS CGI COMPLETELY RUINING MOVIES AS WE KNOW IT???

Sorry.

What he said--CGI should be an enhancement, never the entire effect unless it's otherwise impossible. (Example: JP dinosaurs, certain period aircraft in some war movies like the F-100 airstrike in We Were Soldiers)

Besides, nothing makes a good-looking "BOOM!" like real explosives... :D

Jovan

Suspended
Exactly my point. I mean, granted, they may have filmed the explosion separately and comped in the guys, but something about it just looked phony bologne. I can't say anything more than has been said for a lot of recent green/blue screen blunders in the case of the car chase. (King Kong, etc.) It reminded me of that chase scene where Ewan McGregor tried to act on top of something that should have at least been animatronics in close up... meh. I could go on forever.

I will say in the case of physical, Batman Begins is the best modern day example of showing restraint for the better. On the other hand, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow used it very tastefully for an "updated retro" science fiction movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy