Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy IV (beware... spoiler pics)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Strange said:
I'm disgusted to hear that they're obviously going the Indy-meets-the-son-he-never-knew-he-had-by-Marion-or-Willie route. I realize that this continues the character arc of Indy coming to terms with his own father in Last Crusade, and allows them to go for a bunch of finally-having-to-admit-he's-no-longer-young story points... but after all the scripts, rewrites, and delays, I was hoping for a more original approach.

OTOH, it's not like the Indy films haven't been highly traditional (besides retro) from the start. Let's just hope that Spielberg (who has continued to grow as a filmaker) can reign in Lucas (who has actually been getting worse ever since American Graffiti) in terms of unbelivable acting and over-reliance on special effects!

Actually, I thought the rumour was that Indy meets his daugher?

Feraud

Bartender
At this rate I will be old enough to play Indy'a dad..

From the IMDB news -
Darabont Angry at "Wasted Year" Over 'Indiana Jones 4' Script
The Shawshank Redemption filmmaker Frank Darabont has hit out at movie mogul George Lucas for preventing Steven Spielberg from shooting his script for the upcoming Indiana Jones sequel, claiming his efforts were "a waste of a year." Darabont wrote a screenplay for the highly-anticipated movie, which is still known by its working title of Indiana Jones 4, and insists director Spielberg was happy with it. However, producer Lucas didn't think it was good enough. Darabont tells MTV.com, "It showed me how badly things can go. I spent a year of very determined effort on something I was very excited about, working very closely with Steven Spielberg and coming up with a result that I and he felt was terrific. He wanted to direct it as his next movie, and then suddenly the whole thing goes down in flames because George Lucas doesn't like the script. I told him (Lucas) he was crazy. I said, 'You have a fantastic script. I think you're insane, George.' You can say things like that to George, and he doesn't even blink. He's one of the most stubborn men I know." He adds, "I have no idea if there's a shred of (my script) left. It was a tremendous disappointment and a waste of a year." And Darabont has no plans to reveal what his Indiana Jones script contains: "At this point, I don't give much of a damn what George thinks, but I wouldn't want to harm my friendship with Steven."
There is nothing like working with a thick headed fellow to gum up the works. lol

Flieger

Practically Family
Ooh...! I like the look of a the more "rugged" Indy! At first, I didn't think Mr Ford would be able to pull this off but judging from the photo he does... and then some. :)

/F

texasgirl

One Too Many
First Official Indiana Jones 4 Photo!
Source: Lucasfilm June 22, 2007

The Man With the Hat is Back! For the first time since 1989, Harrison Ford dons the familiar costume on Thursday, June 21, 2007, as the upcoming "Indiana Jones" adventure begins production under the direction of Steven Spielberg. The new "Indiana Jones" movie is set in the 1950s and stars Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, John Hurt, Ray Winstone and Jim Broadbent. The Lucasfilm Ltd. production will be released by Paramount Pictures worldwide on May 22, 2008. The photo was taken by Spielberg!

untitled-1.jpg

griffer

Practically Family
Aw, shucks. Set in the '50s...Shia is a 'kind of sidekick'?

Boo. Sidekicks and no nazis, sounds like the failure that was Temple of Doom is being revisited.

Sigh.

poetman

A-List Customer
If you check the Indiana Jones website, you can find more information. Ford is returning--obviously. Sean Connery won't come out of retirement for it. All the locations and plot details are being withheld, and the film is scheduled to release May 2008. Co-star Shea Lebieauf (sic) was on Jay Leno, and he said they are in the midst of rehearsals.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pretty faythe said:
Lets see, what bad guys did the 50s give us??? Ummm...maybe they are in Korea? [huh]

Commies, all over the world. Fifth columns undermining the nations of the Free World, striving to bring the entire globe under Stalin's iron hand...

:D

doggieboy

New in Town
Thats great news about a new IJ movie.

Im sorry Sean Connery won't be in it. Might want to stock up on good vintage fedoras before that move comes out.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm looking forward to this movie. I will likely take my father out to see this, as he doesn't get a chance to see movies often. He'll be thrilled!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart