Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy! Look Out - That Whip is DANGEROUS!

Ben

One of the Regulars
I'm inclined to call shenanigans on this until I see it from something other than just a random Internet post.

Or, it could be a marketing ploy. Given what just happened in Boston, it wouldn't surprise me if this was "viral" or "buzz" marketing for the new film. It would also be a way to introduce younger audiences to this character running around with a bullwhip and cool hat.

But let's keep an eye on this one.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
If it's true then good for Mr. Ford. There are enough computer generated effects out there. They might as well tell him to film the movie sans fedora so they can "add it in later".

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
That is so weird, everything in the world is becoming "too dangerous." Good for Ford.

Soon actors will just peform in black tights no costumes or makeup or nothing, and everything will be added after-the-fact by computer.

Hi, Holly, I haven't seen your postings for awhile. How is your whipcracking coming along?

karol

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Sounds like a load of bunk, really. What are these 'new health and safety laws'? If a whip is out of the question, what about firearms, tumbling, knockdown fistfights, and other various and sundry action flick staples? We're seeing plenty of wild action on screen...and yet a whip is somehow outlawed?

Sounds like a rumor gone wrong.

As far as an Indy 4, they've been chatting it up for more than a decade. If the second rash of Star Wars films are any indication, I'm not expecting this next one to add much to the trilogy. It might even detract from it.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
K.D. Lightner said:
Hi, Holly, I haven't seen your postings for awhile. How is your whipcracking coming along?

karol
pretty good. I have my husband now enamored with whipcracking. He had a ball using the whip stand at the Queen Mary in November. It's been a bit too cold here though to get out and let off some cracks.

Mickey Caesar

Familiar Face
One thing I dont understand, towards the end of the Last Crusade when Indy, his father, and the others are captured by the Nazis, their weapons are naturally taken from them. Considering his skill with it, why was Indy allowed to keep his whip when he goes into to cave to find the Grail. He does have it then because the Templar knight notices it when he comments on Indy's style of dress.

Atomic Age

Practically Family
Lets round off all sharp corners and cover all open water. No one should ever even remotely have the chance to hurt themselves. Its the sissification of America!

On another note I think the story is a load of hoakum! California has gone insane, but not THAT insane!

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21