Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iNSANE EBAY DEALs on TAYLOR COP MOTO JACKETS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
i know i can't post the ads from ebay, but i need to mention and share that taylorsleatherwear is clearing out some new old stock jackets...fedLounge member big hairy fin mentioned this to me in an email and i was blown away that taylor was letting $300plus jackets go for $50...they are new, and the only difference from their current models is that the 3m thinsulate lining is non-removable, where the new models have a removable thinsulate layer...which makes these jackets basically like most top notch maker leather moto jackets anyway

nO, i'm not affiliated with taylor, i just know they are incredible quality and make some of the top professional police dept jackets purchased by actual depts....

needless to say i bought my size within a few minutes of finding out about this...got the 'lynchburg' cop jacket, which is basically a luftwaffe style cop jacket...it's been political correctly renamed by taylor as the 'nashville' and now has the removable thinsulate...but for a fifty spot, sheeeeeeeeesh

they only have a few sizes left in this jacket, and i believe a 'new englander' jacket left...goin' like hotcaxe...but had to let folks here know about this...hope i'm not breaking any rules since i didn't post the auctions...but it's a favour to fedLoungers to know about this if you happen to be looking for the style they have left, and they have your size...only about four jacks left...

good luck

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
sorry...but who knows, they may be putting more stuff up there...as you know from other threads, i love the luftwaffe style, and the lynchburg (now the nashville) is very close...even at full price the taylor jackets are authentic police wear, and superb...i've had them on before

but you have enough jackets anyway, donthchya?

;D

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I looked a bit ago and just saw two larges and a 4XL. I briefly wondered how hard it would be to make the 4XL into 2.5-3 jackets.

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Looking for something vintage in the "cheap" category I ended up with a spanking new 3XLT G-1 "donut holder" for 55$... Can't beat that for a deal :D

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Thickness and Quality

Based on a Net search and reading Taylor's downloadable catalog (http://www.taylorsleatherwear.com/Master_Catalog.pdf) . . .they double-track their jackets . . .

One line is made in the USA, the Taylor's Leatherwear line denoted by even chest sizing (42,44,46 etc)

and the other line, the Appalachian Sportswear line (M, L, XL etc) , is "globally sourced"

Two lines perhaps equals two levels of thickness, quality, etc. Both lines now have a five year guarantee.

Thinsulate is 200 gram.

Some of the Ebay jackets are ID'ed as cowhide and some as lightweight cowhide . . Presumably all the Ebay jackets are from the imported line (at least the ones I've seen are M, L, XL etc) . .As for their weights and suitablity for MC usage . . . I've no idea . . . When I get my Lynchburg I'll be happy to chime in . .

BUT in the meantime, check another FL thread discussing Taylor's jacket sizing and quality: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27051

Dr Strange noted that "[m]y only experience with Taylor's was when I got one of their bargain G-1s. It wasn't a work of art, but it was very, very nice for a $99 clearance jacket. I ended up returning it because it was too small: I believed the statement on their site that a Large would fit 44-46. Not so! I'm a generally a size 46, more for my big gut than anything else (5'8", 215lbs.), and this jacket was definitely too tight in the waist and chest."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats