Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inspiration for the winter, Downton Abbey but not what you'd think

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
I was looking into my winter clothes, although it's still a blazing summer, far from over. I thought that this year I would actually use my stash fabrics and produce a wardrobe, with a theme and a certain style. Based on my existing clothes of course. To make a long story short, I ended up with a plan for sewing filled with visions of Downton Abbey, edwardian shooting parties and country casual chic. In other words I am thinking more about the men's clothes of the series.

My existing clothes include skinny jeans, many fitted shirts, twin sets, a trench coat, silk scarves and sweaters (not cashmere but thin, not bulky).

I think I should add a cape, a short thrench coat, skirts, jackets, trousers, vests, a couple of soft dresses, a sleevless wool dress. I do have the fabric for these.

I am thinking

burda-9-2009-111.jpg

118A_technical_large.jpg

Burda6-12-123Line.jpg

3251127168_604a0931c7.jpg

It's still a blur, but I am hoping this year I will start early and do a s.w.a.p. already. Any advice or ideas?

VintageBee

One of the Regulars
I am getting fonder of this look girls. RL is always amazing, I love his looks!

Yes, so am I! I'm scouring the thrift stores but not finding too much yet. I like to take bigger garments apart and tailor them to me. If I am lucky to find a men's small tweed coat, I'll just nip it in the sides a bit :)
It's rather hard to find tweed around here... :( not much call for it in the Sacramento valley!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy