Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inspiration LA 2019 - Who’s going? | Recommended spots to visit in LA

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
@Superfluous
Is that a brown Kensington you are wearing at Himel Bros. booth? What leather is it? Every time I see the Kensington it's making it harder and harder to justify any other cafe racer.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I forgot to mention that I tried on a Lewis Leathers Dominator. Really nice silhouette. They were offering made-to-measure in any leather for $1,000. However, they will NOT eliminate the patch (at any price). Game over.

Didn't know Himmel were doing boots as well now. Those look quite nice, actually.

Yes, its a collab with Viberg.

See the prices @Superfluous just wrote down.

The vintage leather jacket prices were all over the place, from stupid high to much more reasonable. The examples I cited earlier were exponentially higher than any other prices. Most of the prices I saw were market, but not steals (perhaps the steals were snapped up by the early birds).

@Superfluous
Is that a brown Kensington you are wearing at Himel Bros. booth? What leather is it? Every time I see the Kensington it's making it harder and harder to justify any other cafe racer.

Yes, brown Shinki Kensington. For what its worth, I started with the Real McCoys Buco J-100. Great jacket but I much prefer the Kensington (I own both brown and black).

Himel Kensington 030.jpg

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
@Superfluous
Thanks. Kensington checks all the boxes for me. Among all the other [perfect] details, the collar height just looks right. It seems like the right proportion compared to other J100's.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The vintage leather jacket prices were all over the place, from stupid high to much more reasonable. The examples I cited earlier were exponentially higher than any other prices. Most of the prices I saw were market, but not steals (perhaps the steals were snapped up by the early birds).

It appears that there were many early birds that snapped up most of the good deals: https://www.instagram.com/p/Btq107oFj02/

Look at the second photo -- someone has a blue jacket that looks interesting.

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
Some thoughts on Inspiration. I go every year but it rained last week so I could not ride out but had to take the suv. this year the venue moved to the la convention center. la traffic is murder in that area that's why i ride out there. this year the grammy's were there so i thought traffic would be brutal. i couldn't go Friday but went early Saturday. Traffic was a breeze at that time so was parking & the event. The venue was very nice. Real mcCoys, Wesco were right at the entrance. I'm going to try & have Himel make a Chevalier for me so he was the first vendor i went to. Like always he was great. Unfortunately he had slept on a friends floor the night before so he was rather disjointed still. Freenote cloth has some great denim & clothing so stopped and chatted. He is coming out with a denim & sheepskin lined jacket that is super. He had a coat in every size but xl which he sold the night before. the large was a tad tight so i'll have to wait till fall.Julian Boots had a great display with some beautiful shell samples.If you are into going thru stacks & stacks of Levis this is the place. Some disappointments.LVC, White's boots, Brian the Bootmaker were not there. I really wanted to visit with them. After the event we went up to Phillipes for a beef dip then toured the beautiful downtown bumper to bumper area to the 10 freeway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko