Instagram vendors?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Talbot, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

It's been a while, but the IG profiling seems to have got my measure. Lately, I have been bombarded with advertisements for repop vintage clothes: USN deck jackets, vintage work clothes, selvage denim, and leather workboots. All items are priced at very low prices. e.g leather workboots AUD$ 59, deck jacket AUD$46, etc.

Has anyone gone this route, and if so what has been your experience?

Or, like me, have you decided that if it looks to good to be true......

2. Talbot

Talbot One Too Many

Nothing to say, huh?
    [​IMG]

3. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

You more or less answered your own question: "Or, like me, have you decided that if it looks to good to be true......"
    Buying online can be a minefield, I always try to buy only from a bona fide website, and, as you so succinctly implied, if it's too good to be true, then it usually is.

Always check out any potential vendor's snail mail address. Avoid P.O. Boxes and ask them a few things such as their returns policy. It's a case of, buyer beware.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  4. BakMi

BakMi New in Town

I would be cautious about it. Many of these accounts use services like https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/ to raise their popularity, and the fact that the prices are low makes me wonder if their product is authentic. It can be some low-quality crap that will tear apart after washing. Usually, vintage clothes aren't cheap, I bought a leather jacket last year, and I spent a fortune. Buying from websites you trust will be a better option. Or go to a boutique; at least you can return the item if it won't fit or you don't like it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021