Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interested in Burlesque

Smuterella

One Too Many
In that case surely he should be encouraging the discussion and showing an unnatural interest! Kids these days...

OK I'll wind my neck in but I'm still annoyed.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Anyways, to the question at hand, I don't think we have one single burlesque thread here -- there are a lot of scattered bits and pieces here and there, but no master thread with everything in one place. Maybe the thing to do is to make *this* that thread -- get it all into one place for convenience. So, if you have historical facts to share, information on burlesque classes in your area, or just general discussion of the topic, it can go here. And given that this is the Powder Room, we'll make it a Women Only thread, same as our PR pinup thread. To get things started I've merged in some past topics which might be of interest.

So -- Burlesque. Vaudeville's bratty little cousin, which gave the world Sally Rand, Gypsy Rose Lee, and Bert Lahr. Discuss.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Wow... I'm glad you ladies said something. I haven't been a Lounger long enough to know all the social etiquette but I too couldn't see how this would be inappropriate.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
ZombieGirl said:
Wow... I'm glad you ladies said something. I haven't been a Lounger long enough to know all the social etiquette but I too couldn't see how this would be inappropriate.

Basically our rule here is that there's no reason such a topic can't be discussed by adults in an adult manner. Just keep pics to a PG level, and enjoy the conversation.

On topic: I posted this link elsewhere once before, but it's worth repeating here: Ecdysiast Margie Hart appearing in Life magazine in 1940. If she gets four pages in the most middle-brow magazine of the Era, she's certainly appropriate here.

Best quote in the article: "Instead of giving it to 'em on a platter, I captivate their imaginations."

calendargirl

New in Town
HBO produced a documentary in 2005 called Pretty Things. It followed Liz Goldwyn as she put together an act and interviewed women that performed during the 40s-60s. Very informative, and very interesting. I highly recommend it! :)

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
THanks all for your help i check out the sites, I m sure there is one in Santa Rosa or Sacramento the cloest to where i live. :rolleyes:

wahine

Practically Family
On Saturday, I was on a bachelorette party night with some girls in Hamburg. We went to a burlesque club - it was the first time I saw a burlesque show in real life (I'd seen it on TV before). I was really thrilled by one of the two dancers we saw. She was so coquettish and sexy and sweet, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She's from Italy, her name is Nuit Blanche. If anyone interested in burlesque has the chance to see her, I can highly recommend that. :)

TheSacredFemme

One of the Regulars
In that case surely he should be encouraging the discussion and showing an unnatural interest! Kids these days...

OK I'll wind my neck in but I'm still annoyed.

Ha! Just reading it made my blood boil a little and I think I'm reading this months and months later.

Men, no matter how young, must really learn that it isn't up to them to police what women talk about. And really...I believe we've had enough policing of sexuality going on. No more needed, thank you very much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy