Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Panama hat in dark brown!

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Lancealot said:
For a dark brown you can't go wrong with either one of these

Lancealot,

Are both of those PB hats the same model, or are they 2 different styles? They look great.

Randy

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Tom-n-Perris said:
This is what got me started thinking about a new ribbon for my brown Panama Hat.

Then I came up with this. This is my first attempt at putting a new ribbon on any hat. I still need a lot more practice.

Wow.....nice job. Is there a thread somewhere that would help me learn how to replace ribbons?

Also....where did you buy your ribbon?

Thanks,

Randy

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
DSCF2181.jpg

Oh....one more thing:

Where do you get the little hat stands? I'd like to get some to photograph my lids.

Last question: Is that a PB panama hat? If so, which model? If not, what is it? Looks GREAT !!!!

Thanks,

Randy

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
HatDoc said:
Wow.....nice job. Is there a thread somewhere that would help me learn how to replace ribbons?

Also....where did you buy your ribbon?

Thanks,

Randy

Randy, yes there is a thread that will tell you the basics of making a hat ribbon and it is located in the "Links to Important Hat Forum Threads". The title of the thread is "How to Replace a Ribbon" this is where I started and it has good information. About the ribbon I just went down to my local fabric store and looked at their selection of grosgrain ribbons. Also don't forget to buy matching thread and pick up some good needles.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
HatDoc said:
DSCF2181.jpg

Oh....one more thing:

Where do you get the little hat stands? I'd like to get some to photograph my lids.

Last question: Is that a PB panama hat? If so, which model? If not, what is it? Looks GREAT !!!!

Thanks,

Randy

Yes, this is one of Panama Bobs Panama Hats I picked this one up on Ebay. This hat originally comes with a black ribbon what you see in the picture is what I replaced it with. Panama Bob just calls this his Indiana Panama Hat I also reworked the crown and gave it a tighter pinch in the front.

I picked up the hat stand from Village Hat Shop in San Diego, CA. They have a web site villagehatshop.com but they don't advertise the hat stands on their site. I am sure if you gave them a call that they could ship them out to you.
Hats are like potato chips you just can't have one. :D

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Tom-n-Perris said:
Yes, this is one of Panama Bobs Panama Hats I picked this one up on Ebay. This hat originally comes with a black ribbon what you see in the picture is what I replaced it with. Panama Bob just calls this his Indiana Panama Hat I also reworked the crown and gave it a tighter pinch in the front.

I picked up the hat stand from Village Hat Shop in San Diego, CA. They have a web site villagehatshop.com but they don't advertise the hat stands on their site. I am sure if you gave them a call that they could ship them out to you.

Wow.....that's the same hat, eh? Looks great. I'll be ordering one as soon as my size shows up on eBay. Thanks for the info !!!

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
HatDoc said:
Wow.....that's the same hat, eh? Looks great. I'll be ordering one as soon as my size shows up on eBay. Thanks for the info !!!

Randy I am sure if you e-mail Panama Bob and asked about your size I am sure that would speed things up a bit. You can't go wrong with any of the hats from Panama Bob. I have three more of PB hats besides this brown one and Art has my Montichritsti Panama Hat for blocking.
Hats are like potato chips you just can't have one. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo