Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interview with John Chapman of Goodwear Leather

bretron

Call Me a Cab
HD, thank you for the heads up. John is such a stud!

Problem with reading that for me is I get the "itch" back :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Van, that was a great article about JC, who has never strutted about telling us that he is the best but appears no question that there is no reproduction made by anyone that exceeds his in terms of accuracy and quality of construction. Although I have never seen one of his jackets, there appears to be a universal concensus everywhere that his products are simply outstanding. For me, maybe someday. ;)

Thanks HD!
a great article...I really admire what he's done and continues to do.
I dream of making something someday- not quite sure what yet, but if I lived near Seattle I would ask JC about an apprenticeship....He sounds like he'd be a great mentor!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Being lucky enough to have 2 of his pieces and have discussed other non-jacket related things with him I must say this kind of recognition is LONG overdue. The only problem is if more of the "great unwashed" find out about this treasure... this "one man gang"... wait times will go through the roof!!!!!

Worf

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Being lucky enough to have 2 of his pieces and have discussed other non-jacket related things with him I must say this kind of recognition is LONG overdue. The only problem is if more of the "great unwashed" find out about this treasure... this "one man gang"... wait times will go through the roof!!!!!

Worf

I'm already back in the queue. Only 19.25 months to go. Thinking of getting an Arcadia.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Great article indeed. It really highlights what puts John Chapman's jackets at the peak of the market. That attention to detail that John has, is in my opinion unequaled. This article really brings that out. Way to go John!!

fedoralover

devilish

A-List Customer
Ha ha, I wondered how long it would take for that interview to be discovered. I'm pleased to say I helped in a small way with content editing/suggestions. The author is a friend of mine and I think he might be a member here but I'm not positive of that. I know he reads FL and he'll appreciate the kind words. As for John and Vickie, I could never say enough good things about them and their work. The best, hands down, IMO.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
This interests me:

"I am looking at having one model of Goodwear repro, an original Aero contract A-2, with no sizing or design customization, made with some assistance. If all goes as planned, that one A-2 design, in stock sizes, would take only a month or two to get into the hands of my customers. Ideally that would give me time to develop new items, like the Mojave and Arcadia that I have pictured in the GW gallery, though have not offered for sale yet. And I have other ideas that I'd like to develop, but…"

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
With all of the effort taken to get the accuracy right, and then the time to make the jackets, it feels as if they are being sold too cheaply. As the waiting list is so extensive, I am not the only person that regards these jackets as an absolute steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24