Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Intrested in Burlesque

LoserVonTeese

Familiar Face
I've been interested in burlesque for some time and i was wondering is there any short gals in this . 5'5' under/ i'm 5'0. also how would i go about this learning it? I've seen goGo amy's site are there others like that too? :rolleyes:

Brooksie

One Too Many
I know a Burlesque gal that I would say is about 4 foot 11 inches, she is tiny but real curvy. Her name is Lucky Lucy O' Rebel. She is great at what she does and a sweet heart too! I have seen her perform many times here in Portland (I am a vintage lingerie vendor at burlesque shows here in my town). She may also have a website. As far as getting involved, I would recommend attending some shows find out who is putting them on and have a chat with them. I do not do burlesque however I model in live art shows. That was how I met Frankie Tease (and also how I got my foot in the door to getting involved in this particular community) the one who puts on the Tease Time Burlesque shows and the Live Art Shows here in Portland.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I suggest along with finding out who does shows or classes in your area to also do your history on the subject. I cannot stress this enough!!! I have been performing since 2002 and I am constantly learning about performers from the past. Some present day performers I recommend checking out are Michelle L'Amour (Chicago), Jo Boobs (New York), Kitten Deville (L.A.), Immodesty Blaize (UK), Indigo Blue (Portland - I think). I know I am leaving out a bazillion other fantastic performers, but that is a start.

Also realize Burlesque is more than just taking off your clothes. It takes most strippers 6 months to a year to develop new acts. That includes, choosing a song (please for the love of Burlesque, don't choose Fever or Hey Big Spender), choreographing, and costume and prop making. It is also a full time job that pays very little if at all. After you put in the leg work and money for an act, you don't usually come out ahead. It is a passion driven art.

Depending on your location, you may be able to find classes in your area to start. If not, I agree with Brooksie, go to shows... A good handful too from as many producers as you can get to. Then talk to them. Ask if they know of classes or if they don't, ask if you can audition a piece and possibly get into their show. Make sure your act if fully developed as well before you go auditioning.

As a general rule, Burlesque is a very welcoming community, however, the community is becoming so saturated with girls that "think it will be fun" that many producers are looking for performer who have invested time into themselves and Burlesque before they give them a go. So if they can't use you right away and you are very serious, keep at it. While I believe that the best way to polish an act is to perform it repeatedly for audiences, in the mean time, do what you can to get the costume just right and the routine just so. But most importantly a projection of self confidence is the greatest skill in Burlesque. I have seen far too many girls ruin a routine with self doubt.

Good Luck and hope to see you on stage sometime.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
MODS: Can we merge this thread with the other thread as well? Thanks.

Why? I love talking about this stuff. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :rolleyes: lol

BTW, as a clinical observation, LH, I saw your picture on your blog, the first one and you've got the exact right, dead on, period look I was talking about in the other thread. If anyone wants to see wht I was talking about, check that pic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy