Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Invisible Stitching

I just killed one of my favorite suits. I was on the job and turned around and caught my jacket pocket on the edge of a table. Rrrriiiiiippppp! The sound went through me like a razor. Sure enough, I have a two inch rent down the side of the jacket.

Does anyone know of an online shop that will tackle the job of invisible stitching? I have a few places here in NY, but the cost is exhorbitant. (For a few dollars more I can get the suit copied) Please post any leads.

Thanks,

Senator Jack

Thanks for replying, Matt. Here's the damage. The only places I've found around here that will do weaving are in Manhattan and they charge about $65 just for a small cigarette hole. I can imagine this being a few hundred. That's why I'm wondering if there's any place online that will take the job.

What does your eye tell you, repairable or not?

DSCF0017.jpg

Thinking about it now, we really should have a page a forum page with links to helpful sites. (Mending, cleaning, etc.) Perhaps we can get everyone to contribute.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters