Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart / Simmons Bilt Blattwork Jacket

Spiney

One of the Regulars
Hi all. I’ve been looking at this. Just the sort of style I’ve been looking for. It seems expensive ( when priced up against a made to order on Simmons website ). I guess that’s just the Iron Heart connection. Anyone here seen or handled one of these ? Is the Blattwork leather any good ? I like the idea of not having to wait 4 months for it but I don’t want to pay a fortune more for the privilege.

born113

One of the Regulars
Hi all. I’ve been looking at this. Just the sort of style I’ve been looking for. It seems expensive ( when priced up against a made to order on Simmons website ). I guess that’s just the Iron Heart connection. Anyone here seen or handled one of these ? Is the Blattwork leather any good ? I like the idea of not having to wait 4 months for it but I don’t want to pay a fortune more for the privilege.
I would order anywhere but not from IH even if the price is the same. Tales of the greatness and infallibility of IH from themselves make me so tense. And any of their measurements may not correspond to reality easily.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have only ever bought belts from IH UK, but this was top. Super fast, no stress with customs and tax and exactly as described.
Can of course be that it is different for jackets.

red devil

I would order anywhere but not from IH even if the price is the same. Tales of the greatness and infallibility of IH from themselves make me so tense. And any of their measurements may not correspond to reality easily.

If I understood you correctly, you wouldn't order from them because they have a good reputation? You are thinking it sounds too good to be true?

born113

One of the Regulars
If I understood you correctly, you wouldn't order from them because they have a good reputation? You are thinking it sounds too good to be true?
They just lied to me a few times. And after the first purchase, I still doubted my assessment. But after the second purchase and finding out the reasons for the size discrepancy, I finally realized that they were just used to treating customers as idiots. I'm not saying anything about the quality of their products. I'm only talking about the quality of communications.

P.S. I wrote about the British office of IH. I had no communication problems with the Japanese office. I love their jeans and have bought pants online a couple of times in Japan.

Last edited:

red devil

They just lied to me a few times. And after the first purchase, I still doubted my assessment. But after the second purchase and finding out the reasons for the size discrepancy, I finally realized that they were just used to treating customers as idiots. I'm not saying anything about the quality of their products. I'm only talking about the quality of communications.

P.S. I wrote about the British office of IH. I had no communication problems with the Japanese office. I love their jeans and have bought pants online a couple of times in Japan.

They lied to you about sizing?

born113

One of the Regulars
They lied to you about sizing?
Yes, including the sizing (not tags but individual measurements) twice.
I no longer know what is acceptable to write here and what is not. Then people begin to take offense or begin to consider it trolling or something else. So I'll just say that the experience is different. If someone is good with IH then let it be good. And the IH (UK) service infuriates me so much that it will be difficult for me to pick up decent expressions.

red devil

Yes, including the sizing (not tags but individual measurements) twice.
I no longer know what is acceptable to write here and what is not. Then people begin to take offense or begin to consider it trolling or something else. So I'll just say that the experience is different. If someone is good with IH then let it be good. And the IH (UK) service infuriates me so much that it will be difficult for me to pick up decent expressions.

Who is taking offense here? Me? Just asking for details.

In any case, I hope you sent back the items.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
My dealings with IH have been good, but there has been a minor hiccup a time or two.

The good:
Super fast delivery
Hemming service
Hassle-free returns
Quick responses to emails

The not so good:
Twice I have made a comment like "I need size XXX" and their response has been the opposite of what I ask for. Example: I said I need the smallest size 38" jeans of this style. response: "Hello, we have found you a pair of XXX and the waist measurement is 36.3." I wrote back and said, "how can the waist be a 36.3 on a 38" pant?" They replied "I am so sorry, this was a type-o and the waist is 38.3"

Second example: I wrote "I need the largest XXL in this shirt". Response: "Hello, we have found you the XXL with the smallest dimensions as you requested". I went back and read my email and was thinking--How did they look for the smallest dimensions, when I asked for the largest? I wrote them back again and restated LARGEST XXL (closest to XXXL) that you have. Response: I am sorry sir, I had thought you were asking for the smallest. I have located you a larger XXL, will this be okay?"

So my feeling is that there is a genuine effort to excel in customer service, however it is likely that so many people are asking for different specifics all day long that they sometimes get overwhelmed and confused. I would never conclude that they lied to me or intentionally misled me, but you do have to keep close eye on what is being discussed.

El Marro

I have ordered at least two dozen items from IH and I have always been very happy with their customer service. Twice they have sent me the wrong item, once the wrong color jacket and once the wrong size, and both times they quickly corrected the mistake and covered return shipping.
I have a hard time believing that they would deliberately lie to anyone about the size of a garment.
to the OP, One additional advantage to buying this jacket from IH is that you can easily return or exchange it if you don’t like it.

roadking04

Practically Family
I’ve ordered everything directly from IH in London. That is one other thing I absolutely love about them, most items arrive at my doorstep in California two days after I place the order!

Thanks for the response, buddy. That is so hard to believe. I ordered my 634s from SE and they took a little over a week to get hemmed and shipped to Cleveland. I thought that was pretty good. I am thinking about getting some 888s and I think SE is out of my size. I was thinking about going through the UK store, but thought it might be a huge hassle. Good to know.

El Marro

Thanks for the response, buddy. That is so hard to believe. I ordered my 634s from SE and they took a little over a week to get hemmed and shipped to Cleveland. I thought that was pretty good. I am thinking about getting some 888s and I think SE is out of my size. I was thinking about going through the UK store, but thought it might be a huge hassle. Good to know.
The one thing I haven’t bought (yet) from them is jeans so I dont know how long it takes them to hem them before shipping out.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I’m located in Canada and I bought 4 IH items in the past month.

2 pair of jeans, a collarless zip sweater and a windproof sweater jacket. Here I am wearing the windproof sweater and IH666-21oz denim.

in all cases, the customer service was fantastic and shipping to Canada from the UK store was 2-3 days.

I'm considering the IHJ-54 jacket next.

Attachments

• 63EA1254-A422-4F20-8618-20DA8E4C5857.jpeg
    63EA1254-A422-4F20-8618-20DA8E4C5857.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 56A84545-747A-454B-B425-F37D16E72C8D.jpeg
    56A84545-747A-454B-B425-F37D16E72C8D.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 55

Aloysius

I would never buy Iron Heart unless if I were in Japan, because the scummy guys (yes, with good customer service, before the IRON HEART ARMY marches in) of Iron Heart UK strong-armed their way into total control of all overseas sales, including setting the prices (which is why IHUK costs double IH Japan).

Their website is a total cult, too. In fact a prominent poster here (then a prominent poster there) got banned from it, despite being a repeat customer, for saying something that went against the Immortal Wisdom of Giles. (I believe his crime was being mildly critical of Will Lauder.)

Great customer service from IH for sure. I find a lot of the fits to be a bit odd. For jeans, I won't pay full boat for the stuff anymore. I will wait until it hits the sale bin. I agree the prices are absurd and there are comps in terms of the denim offerings for far less in multiple locations across the internet. The leather jackets have never interested me.

SilverKast

New in Town
I really like the product itself, although it would be nice if sizing was a little more consistent across their products. Not sure why I need to be different sizes in one shirt vs another and then other sizes in jackets as well. Wish it wasn't so pricey either, but that seems to be everything nowadays.

Customer service from UK has been fine, I'm surprised by how fast it ships to Canada. Although I do try to purchase from my local stockist - it's the same price as buying online, but hopefully a little bit of that is making its way into my local shop who are great guys and provide all kinds of products from other brands as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot