Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Irvin Flying Jacket – original early war – sz L to XL

Kunja

Practically Family
Here is a beautiful early war Irvin flying jacket in a nice large size, and wearable condition. I picked this up at the beginning of the year from CBI. Original thread here:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...irvin-raf-jacket-pit-to-pit-24-inches.109698/

This is a very nice Irvin, and is definitely a wearable jacket. It’s my second authentic wartime Irvin, and like the first it has held up pretty well for its age. This one has seen a lot of action and has the patches and marks to show for it. Whoever wore this during the War painted their initials in the underarms, probably for easy identification on the rack in the flight room.

This jacket was with Aero at some point in the past and had some work done. The main zipper has been replaced with a smooth and high quality Riri. The arm zips look original. The tag is missing but I think this is either a size 6 or 7, which would be like a 42 or 44. The collar chain and the elastic behind the collar are both intact. It’s a beautiful example of the real deal.

I’m 6 feet/175 today and typically best wear a 42-44, and this one fits me really well. Measurements are in the pics.

Same low price of $500 PPFF delivered in the US.

Thanks for looking and questions welcomed.

irvin-earlywar-1940ish-kunja-2-measure.jpg
irvin-earlywar-1940ish-kunja-11-measure.jpg
irvin-earlywar-1940ish-kunja-18-measure.jpg
irvin-earlywar-1940ish-kunja-20-measure.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner