Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Hats Direct slow in service?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Chuck Bobuck said:
That's a fantastic photo Blackthorn. I like how you can see the shadow of the photographer also.
I was thinking the same thing, Chuck. I doubt my uncle (on the left) wore it tilted back like that all the time, but...he had left Texas as a runaway, during the depression, and had gone to CA to find a job that wasn't farming. In this picture, taken 15 years later, he had returned home with a brand new car (I think I can post a pic of that in a few days) to show everyone he had "made it big" in California. I think he tilted the hat to show his attitude.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic pic, Blackthorn. Clearly men wore their fedoras all over their heads back then: tilted, cocked back, creating a great sense of character. That's my grandfather in my avatar in 1948...post more of yours if you've got them!

Welcome to the lounge, and I'll be curious to see the Stetson. My starter hats were both Stetsons from Village Hat Shop in Long Beach--a Saxon and a Chatham. Now they are boxed and I never wear them any longer, as my Akubra Campdraft gets almost all of my head time, with a bit more time for my Fed IV. Let us know what you think of the Stetson.
Steve
Thanks, Jazz. I'm finally convinced...my next hat will be an Akubra.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
TheShadowKnows said:
I ordered my Akubra Banjo Paterson from HatsDirect, and received the order five days later, on the East Coast of the US. It was the first time that I had ordered from them. I usually use David Morgan, but wanted to try HatsDirect this time because of the feedback from the Lounge members. I am impressed with their e-mails and their service. My BP arrived in perfect condition. Their follow-up customer service was fantastic, too. I hope to post a photo or two soon.
No worries, FFF, I just think of it as "thread evolution."

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
johnnycanuck said:
Blackthorn you are crazy. there is a $50 difference between an Akubra and a Stetson... Well at least you can give us a direct comparison between a modern Stetson and an Akubra (when you get one), I have been curious. Enjoy your new hat and wear it well.
Johnny
Johnny, this time it's worth the extra money to have the hat in my hand tomorrow, but your post convinced me, in a couple of weeks I'll replace my order and get an Akubra like I had originally planned. Thanks!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very exciting about the photos and story. Start saving for your next step up in hat world - get Art to copy your fathers hat...that would be a great custom to get!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL