Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there a hat for me?

Johan

New in Town
Hello everyone!

New to this forum, so I'll start with a small introduction.
I'm a 21 year old guy from Denmark and amongst many other interest I love good clothing. I'm not one to follow the different fashion trends, I prefer timeless well-fitting classic clothing. That doesn't mean that i dress overly formal, but certainly more that most of my peers. I especially like items like good leather shoes, leather jackets, leather gloves (well, actually everything leather except leather pants...), trench coats, blazers, sport coats.. The list could go on, but I think you've got the idea by now.

Recently I've been thinking about acquiring a hat or two, but I not sure if there is a hat that will fit me. This is where I hope you knowledgeable gentlemen can help me. Is there a hat for me?

I,m tall (6,4') and lanky and my face is oval/longish. As you probably can understand I don't want anything that accentuates my height further... I'm thinking about a flat cap, but are there any other alternatives apart from that?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Johan

Last edited:

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Without looking at you I would actually suggest a fedora with a larger brim. Those look good on thin features and tall gentlemen. There are countless examples but the best way to figure out what looks good is trying on hats. I have went through hundreds of hats. It takes trial and error to see what you are comfortable in and what you think looks good.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And be prepared, once you start buying hats you'll never stop. It is a well known addiction here on the lounge.

Johan

New in Town
Thanks for your replies, guys! I'm lucky to live near a hat shop that is said to be the second oldest hat shop for men. I've never been in the shop, but that will soon change.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace