Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this OK for a wedding ( help a newbie :)

Edward

Bartender
Zastrozzi said:
My only comment would be that the brogues look like they're straight out of the box - a couple of evenings with polish and water would age them up nicely to match the suit, and protect them too...

Yeah, any new pair of shoes I get acquires several coats of polish before I wear them anywhere.... I usually put polish on, rub in well and leave it to soak in overnight before buffing it - couple of nights of this ad you're good to go. Oh.... and make sure you break them in well enough that you won't be in agony all day before you wear them to the wedding!

ukali1066

Practically Family
Hi guys, bad news on the suit, it arrived but wasn't suitable, the trousers were testicle-crushing tight...the material is SCRATCHY ! and there was a frayed hole in the crotch...my missus and kids begged me to never leave the house wearing it....but the waistcoat is nice ;)

I've got my eye on two others in black pinstripe though...so stay tuned

I agree on the shoes, I'm a soldiers son...so I know all about getting a parade ground shine ;)

Image1.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Agh! The agony of defeat! Good thing the wedding isn't 'till June. The waistcoat looks great though, so it's not a total loss.

Hopefully one of the others will pan out though.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
Too bad on the suit. What size is it? Can i see some details of the jacket and trousers (particularly the waistband/fly)? I really want to see the label.

bk

You see, ukali, this is a benefit of being a FL member. You can justify any purchases to a significant other, because if it doesn't work out, someone here will buy it from you.lol

Lensmaster

One of the Regulars
ukali1066 said:
Hi guys, bad news on the suit, it arrived but wasn't suitable, the trousers were testicle-crushing tight...the material is SCRATCHY ! and there was a frayed hole in the crotch...my missus and kids begged me to never leave the house wearing it....but the waistcoat is nice ;)

I've got my eye on two others in black pinstripe though...so stay tuned

I agree on the shoes, I'm a soldiers son...so I know all about getting a parade ground shine ;)

Image1.jpg

The waistcoat looks great itself. That would look great with a solid suit or a sportcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24