Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this what we, as a society have come to?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
In America, the 'land of the beautiful,' you get plenty of attention when you look like this:

Kim-Kardashian-true-lips.jpg

Off topic: When I worked a seasonal retail job at an upper-crust mall last Christmas season, La Kardashian made a cameo at Shoppers Drug Mart to launch her new perfume. Since nearly every red-blooded male in the West seems to adore her (FL members possibly excepted), us girls couldn't resist sneaking away to get a glimpse of this famous man magnet. We agreed she wasn't all that - Let's just say seeing her in person doesn't do her photos much justice.

Naturally, most people we relate our opinion to think we're jealous, or cattily trying to cut her down, but I honestly expected her to be beautiful. Stylists and photo editing really do make a difference, I suppose.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Let's just say seeing her in person doesn't do her photos much justice.
That's not uncommon as the camera can be very fickle about how it translates real life to print or screen. You can take a room full of attractive people and the camera will love some and not others. That's why from the beginning, photo and screen tests have been required to determine how the lens will treat the subject. Quite an extraordinary process really.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Stylists and photo editing really do make a difference, I suppose.

Absolutely, as a digitial graphic manipulator I've often had to smooth out people's complexions and do a few nip-and-tucks. No one ever sees the original photograph.

Without the lights, makeup, and then the post-production digital manipulation, many 'media beauties', male and female, look just like you and me.

This isn't mine, but you get the gist:
MADONNA-PHOTOSHOP3.jpg

Last edited:
It's an SNL skit, but it's seriously not too far off.....

[video=youtube_share;CiKKL0miA9s]http://youtu.be/CiKKL0miA9s[/video]

I never took enough of an interest in the Kardashians to even know what they sound like. Gawd, they have annoying voices! :eusa_doh:

[video=youtube;d8jL8qz7dwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=d8jL8qz7dwM[/video]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Without the lights, makeup, and then the post-production digital manipulation, many 'media beauties', male and female, look just like you and me.
There is a phenomenon in still and motion photography that goes beyond makeup and lighting that has to do with the facial structure; the bones as it were. You either have it or you don't and you can't fool the camera.

Of course playing little tricks with those bones has been going on for years.....

hurrellcrawford.jpg

rue

Absolutely, as a digitial graphic manipulator I've often had to smooth out people's complexions and do a few nip-and-tucks. No one ever sees the original photograph.

This isn't mine, but you get the gist:
MADONNA-PHOTOSHOP3.jpg

Not too bad for 53, but I know it wouldn't appeal to her audience or her young boyfriends if she went with the original photograph.

Last edited:

rue

I never took enough of an interest in the Kardashians to even know what they sound like. Gawd, they have annoying voices! :eusa_doh:

lol I'm Kim... the pretty one....

They sound like LA :p

Of course playing little tricks with those bones has been going on for years.....

hurrellcrawford.jpg

Now they do it in real life :eeek:

I know they had surgery back then, but it's gotten out of control.

TidiousTed

Practically Family
The Kardashians are famous because the daughter Kim had tons of plastic surgery and released a sex tape. The public cannot get enough of family's "fashionable" lifestyle.

Isn't our modern times marvelous, to day she becomes a celebrity, 40 years ago she would have gotten a full frontal lobotomy :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner