Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ISO Flat Head double rider or Delraiser size 38

RL204

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info, that is helpful. How was the fit different? I would think the fit would be the same but I guess not.

each jacket just fits differently. My delraiser was a 46 as I let myself get talked into going bigger by the sales rep and that was a mistake. My TFH ones are both size 42 and there’s some substantial difference between them. My brown one is a t shirt jacket and my black one comfortably fits a hoody underneath.

CityHunter

New in Town
each jacket just fits differently. My delraiser was a 46 as I let myself get talked into going bigger by the sales rep and that was a mistake. My TFH ones are both size 42 and there’s some substantial difference between them. My brown one is a t shirt jacket and my black one comfortably fits a hoody underneath.

I was also trying to be pushed into a size 46 Delraiser by a sales rep, but I think it was only because it was the last one they had. It fit, but looks a bit...baggy. Not too much, but just enough that I wanted to try a size 44 (which they didn't have). Not my personal ideal fit.

That said, I'm looking into TFH double rider and was curious - what sizes do you wear in other jackets?

Motocann

One Too Many
The Flat Head Delraiser (size 40) one of the best fitting jackets on me.
TriumphBonnie.jpeg

ponchovia85

New in Town
Soft bump..
I will most likely end up buying it retail but i did have a really important question hopefully Merv or Dwilson you could answer?

They have the standard double rider over at Rivet and Hide, and the Delraiser at Self Edge.. have you all handled both? if so any insight into the differences besides the epaulets and the hit & go, adjusters?
Fit
Leather type
Zipper quality
Leather color?
Replying late here but I just went to Self edge to try on the delraiser (size 38) while currently having just bought a double rider (TFH) from R&H and I can say that the quality, fit and overall feel has to be given to the double rider.

Motocann

One Too Many
Replying late here but I just went to Self edge to try on the delraiser (size 38) while currently having just bought a double rider (TFH) from R&H and I can say that the quality, fit and overall feel has to be given to the double rider.
That’s interesting. I went through that same comparison process a few years ago. My conclusion was that I liked the Delraiser better. They’re both awesome jackets, wish I could justify owning both jackets.

ponchovia85

New in Town
That’s interesting. I went through that same comparison process a few years ago. My conclusion was that I liked the Delraiser better. They’re both awesome jackets, wish I could justify owning both jackets.
I hear you. Always subjective. Maybe as I have the new model of double rider vs the old one. When I put on the DR jacket it feels tailored made and jacket actually feel bit heavier. When I tired on the Delraiser felt somewhat boxy and loose. Honestly, the Delraiser’s leather felt similar to the RM jacket (which I tried on same day at another store) and not saying it wasn’t nice but definitely felt a difference to the touch in leather for both when compared to my TFH DR. Overall, all jackets were nice and unique in a lot of ways to me personally.

gily

A-List Customer
I got the TFH DR from SOP and returned it as soon as I got it as the new leather is brown and soft nothing compared to previous leathers from TFH, I ended up getting a used Delraiser and can not be happier, the one I got is one of the early veraions its black and the leather is just amazing just lime previous TFH DR and The Real Mccoys shinky leather, the new one does not feel like shinky leather at all.

ponchovia85

New in Town
I got the TFH DR from SOP and returned it as soon as I got it as the new leather is brown and soft nothing compared to previous leathers from TFH, I ended up getting a used Delraiser and can not be happier, the one I got is one of the early veraions its black and the leather is just amazing just lime previous TFH DR and The Real Mccoys shinky leather, the new one does not feel like shinky leather at all.
Hey Gily, curious how you were able to return it at SOP. They only have a store credit or exchange policy. Unless they made a exception. Kudos if you were able to but I’ve shopped there before and it’s usually a “live with it” purchase.

Re: your opinion on the new iteration of TFH DR jacket I respect it. I’m currently in possession of that one right now and went to two stores to compare it to the delraiser (Self Edge) and RM (general quarters) yesterday and I still think the fit and feel were better (for me). Weirdly both the deleaiser and RM felt lighter in weight than the DR. Also, the delraiser felt boxier and the RM somewhat as well (granted it was a 40 but surprisingly not to far off from the 38 I wear). I do see what your saying about it looking more brown but honestly it’s not as brown as I suspected it to be. Good thing is I can refund it still but having finally tried on the delraiser and RM back to back, so far I love my DR. I do respect your opinion and can’t argue compared to the old version as I’ve never held it or worn it in person so I’ll take your word on that comparison note.

Last edited:

ponchovia85

New in Town
Hey Gily, curious how you were able to return it at SOP. They only have a store credit or exchange policy. Unless they made a exception. Kudos if you were able to but I’ve shopped there before and it’s usually a “live with it” purchase.

Re: your opinion on the new iteration of TFH DR jacket I respect it. I’m currently in possession of that one right now and went to two stores to compare it to the delraiser (Self Edge) and RM (general quarters) yesterday and I still think the fit and feel were better (for me). Weirdly both the deleaiser and RM felt lighter in weight than the DR. Also, the delraiser felt boxier and the RM somewhat as well (granted it was a 40 but surprisingly not to far off from the 38 I wear). I do see what your saying about it looking more brown but honestly it’s not as brown as I suspected it to be. Good thing is I can refund it still but having finally tired in the delraiser and RM back to back, so far I live my DR. I do respect your opinion and can’t argue compared to the old version as I’ve never held it or worn it in person so I’ll take your word on that comparison note. Update: after quickly reading their policy I guess they can make an exception if they deem it to be “unworn”.

gily

A-List Customer
Actually they listed the jacket as brown and I asked them about it and told them I wanted to see and feel the leather before buying it, I told them if I had to return it I will pay the return shipping and they agreed, as soon as I opened the box and saw the leather color and feel (super soft) I packed it again and returned right away, by the way they usually accept returns just for store credit; I had a The Real McCoy's J-24 in black shinky and loved the jacket then I sold it and got a freewheelers also shinky leather and this DR jacket did not feel anything like that, I do love the cut of the jacket but not the leather plus I wanted black.

ponchovia85

New in Town
Actually they listed the jacket as brown and I asked them about it and told them I wanted to see and feel the leather before buying it, I told them if I had to return it I will pay the return shipping and they agreed, as soon as I opened the box and saw the leather color and feel (super soft) I packed it again and returned right away, by the way they usually accept returns just for store credit; I had a The Real McCoy's J-24 in black shinky and loved the jacket then I sold it and got a freewheelers also shinky leather and this DR jacket did not feel anything like that, I do love the cut of the jacket but not the leather plus I wanted black.
Gotcha. Which Freewheelers jacket did you get? How is the fit on that? Are they more like a FCL in terms of cut/fit or RM?

gily

A-List Customer
Gotcha. Which Freewheelers jacket did you get? How is the fit on that? Are they more like a FCL in terms of cut/fit or RM?
I got the mulholland, lots of people here say they are the best in terms of construction, stitching, etc and I think they really are; they are more RM than FCL but they have their own style and fit

ponchovia85

New in Town
I got the mulholland, lots of people here say they are the best in terms of construction, stitching, etc and I think they really are; they are more RM than FCL but they have their own style and fit
Cool, send pics if you have any. I’m thinking if I should return the TFH and just wait for a chance on a Freewheelers.

gily

A-List Customer
Cool, send pics if you have any. I’m thinking if I should return the TFH and just wait for a chance on a Freewheelers.
Here are some pictures of my Delraiser

Attachments

• f.png
    f.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 140
  • f1.png
    f1.png
    124 KB · Views: 117
  • f2.png
    f2.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 122
  • f3.png
    f3.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 118
  • f5.png
    f5.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 115
  • f4.png
    f4.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 116
  • f6.png
    f6.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 104
  • f7.png
    f7.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 104
  • f8.png
    f8.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 108

gily

A-List Customer
Here are pictures of the freewheelers

Attachments

• fw.png
    fw.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 105
  • fw1.png
    fw1.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 145
  • fw2.png
    fw2.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 146

Motocann

One Too Many
The difference between these two jackets is a lesson in “form follows function” design. From a functional standpoint, they could not be more different. The Flat Head is a perfect motorcycle jacket. The Freewheeler, not so much.

dovahkiiin93

New in Town
Does anyone has pictures of the measurements for the flat head double riders 38 laid flat (shoulder, sleeves, waist, chest) every website I look their measurements are different, im very confused, I want to try this jacket and would like to get it right on the first try

Papalaka

One of the Regulars
Does anyone has pictures of the measurements for the flat head double riders 38 laid flat (shoulder, sleeves, waist, chest) every website I look their measurements are different, im very confused, I want to try this jacket and would like to get it right on the first try
I have one for sale in a size 40, look at those measurements. If you are normally a size 38, then the 40 should fit you perfectly.

Motocann

One Too Many
What are your chest and shoulder measurements? I might be able to help you based upon that info. I actually bought the “double riders” jacket from Rivet & Hide, but I returned it because I didn’t like the way it fit me. IMHO, the Delraiser is a better fitting jacket. As you probably already determined, they’re slightly different style jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch