Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Issue with my new Aero Leather Long Half Belt?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^ Good point. But, when does an irregularity/imprecision transcend "art" and qualify as a "flaw" or "defect"? I am not suggesting that any particularly irregularity crosses this subjective line. Rather, I am merely asking the question.

pawineguy

One Too Many
^ Good point. But, when does an irregularity/imprecision transcend "art" and qualify as a "flaw" or "defect"? I am not suggesting that any particularly irregularity crosses this subjective line. Rather, I am merely asking the question.

It's a good question and considering the differing opinions on this thread, it's probably really not answerable in many cases. It's noteworthy that MANY leather crafters (shoes, belts, briefcases, watch straps, jackets, etc...) do have disclaimers extolling the virtues of those little irregularities that some love and others dread.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I'd just wait for Aero to respond when they get back from their hols for the definitive answer on this mark, tbh. [huh] To answer Superflous, within the boundaries of reasonableness, I think for the best part the buyer calls the shots over the 'art' vs 'flaw' question. I'd also say that the majority of makers mentioned on the Lounge follow this policy.

tetzlaff2

New in Town
Hello guys,

I got feedback from Aero. For the sake of not misrepresenting anything, I will post a quotation from Holly, who felt this would not be a problem but who nevertheless contacted production for my peace of mind:

"Production have said the mark is a natural ‘scar’ in the leather, these can sometimes appear as a dark mark. These can sometimes make an appearance as the jacket breaks in and the natural tones of the leather appear . It has not been ‘touched’ up it is all natural. These marks are not a weak point and the area is just as strong as the rest of the jacket.
They’ve said you shouldn’t be concerned by it and you should just wear and enjoy the jacket and let it develop its own unique character "

Which is something I'm fine with.

Thanks for your support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails