Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

it is a cowboy hat

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
If I can find myself another cowboy hat for cheap, I'm definately trimming the brim down. I have to save my present one for rodeos until I find a cooler cowboy hat.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Well- I trimmed the brim today. I'm going to finish it up tonight, and post pictures. I marked it out with a fabric pencil and took my handy exacto knife to it.
It's now a three inch brim. let's see what I can do.

RBH

Bartender
W O W !!!

Sox said:
sidefinished.jpg

Sox that is great work... as most here know I am a great fan of the thin ribbon hats. The only thing I would do is make the pinch in the front a little tighter.Your hat is a wonderful example of what you can do with a hat that may not be exactly what you are looking for.
I really love what you did, being from the rural or farming culture here in the south. The thin ribbons takes me back to those times. Dont ask me why but they do.
Your hat gives me hope for a not so old Resistol cowboy hat that I got at Tractor Supply. It may be a great winter project to work on.
thanks for posting and show us a few pics of the hat on.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
what color band do you think would look good on a camel colored hat?
This thing is my rain hat because it has that thick western felt that seems able to take anything, and i'd like to finish it off nice.
brown you think?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sox, You've done quite a job on that hat. It looks great.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

deanglen

RBH said:
Sox that is great work... as most here know I am a great fan of the thin ribbon hats. The only thing I would do is make the pinch in the front a little tighter.Your hat is a wonderful example of what you can do with a hat that may not be exactly what you are looking for.
I really love what you did, being from the rural or farming culture here in the south. The thin ribbons takes me back to those times. Dont ask me why but they do.
Your hat gives me hope for a not so old Resistol cowboy hat that I got at Tractor Supply. It may be a great winter project to work on.
thanks for posting and show us a few pics of the hat on.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tractor Supply!! There's one down the road from me! Do they sell fur felt? I sense a new source of supply that's closer to me for my modification tendency. And I agree RBH, the pinch in front could be a little tighter. But I love the trim job! Having done something similar to another hat I know it can be done and it works! Looks good, Sox! LOVE the ribbon!

dean

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I rigged up a decent looking band out of my felt trimming. It may be temporary, but it doesn't look half bad. I may just keep it.

deanglen

RBH said:
Im not sure what they have Dean. The cheap hat I have is wool and I have just about wore it out. Plus it has a fancy smancy do-dad of a band on it.
I think I will be on the lookout for one like Sox did his magic on.

Thanks! I'm going to check it out! Who knows what treasures my be found. The surest way to find something is never stop looking!

dean

Sox

New in Town
Thank you for the compliments :) I have been wearing the hat a lot.
I like it better than some that I've bought.lol

Dinerman, can you post some pics of your hat with the brim cut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats