Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"it"

Feraud

Bartender
RadioHead said:
True. However, wasn't Bugs based on the character Gable played in "It Happened One Night"? Watch Gable closely in the hitch-hiking scene.

"RadioHead"
I assumed it was based on Bogey's character in Bullets or Ballots. Nick 'Bugs' Fenner.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is "It" for me.
Gregory the Great: General Frank Savage in civilian attire. Still got "it"
grey5.jpg
grey2.jpg

n163000.jpg

carebear

Atticus Finch in "To Kill a Mockingbird".

A gentle-man of strength, courage and dignity. Had enough "it" to face down a whole town.

Mike in Seattle

To Kill a Mockingbird

One of our friends is the spitting image of Scout grown up (and not at all what Mary Badham actually looks like today). Of course, she's completely in the dark about why I sometime greet her with "Hey Scout!"

But alas, I would have to admit Mary Badham does nor didn't have "it."

(Clever how I went off-topic and yet pulled it back in at the last second, huhn?)

mikepara

Practically Family
It?

Yeah, I'll agree with most of the people mentioned, though some just had good wardrobes and no IT. Whereas Sinatra, Peck, Gable, Newman, O'Toole had IT in spades as do Richard Harris and Ralph Fiennes.

IT is clearly not just fame or wardrobes because I don't think for instance..John Wayne, Alan Ladd or Dirk Bogarde had it. But if you only looked at the still publicity shots you would say they did.

We've all met people of both sexes that you initially think will be charming, interesting or fun and you end the night almost hating them and of course the opposite is true.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These are definitely "IT" people...

Of course I have MISSED some great people out here, but these are just a few of the people who would "catch your eye" if you saw them across a crowded room.

You see, you don't have to venture 'too far' to find a place that is crammed full of "IT" people.

"You've either got, or you haven't got....CLASSIC STYLE!"

p10201317yc.jpg

MartinandMattlightup-1.jpg

DSCN2625.jpg

amanda_gun_phone_mono_004s.jpg

QM_ladies.jpg

QM_MK_and_ladies.jpg

qm15.jpg

FedoraLoungeLondonDinner2006008.jpg

Elaina

One Too Many
I think Vincent Price had "It". But I also think Hollywood tries to tell me what "it" is so often that I think they lost "it" a long time ago. I think "it" has to do with being smart, funny, and not giving much of a damn about it. Josh Bernstein has "it" for me.

Lounge-wise I think we have "it" from people that don't know it. Marc, Matt, Scotrace and Lincsong come to mind for wildly different reasons. You have the aloof, the artistically moody, the debonair and frankly, anyone that finds me funny has "it".

But then, I think "it" is in the eye of the beholder.

NRay

New in Town
Sorry, Elaina, I didn't mean to have a post that creeped anyone out. I apologize.
Like I mentioned, John Wayne is definitely known as a cowboy and probably more rough around the edges and less suave than this gentleman:
B73348~Patrick-MacNee-Posters.jpg

Sadly, he was already mentioned. In fact, most of my picks were mentioned, so I just thought I'd throw The Duke's name out there, as I do consider him to be pretty cool.

Sincerely,
Nathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24