Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian hat Retailers in US?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
At this time we carry Cervo hats and will be carrying the Barbisio line of hats also. We also carry Borsalino hats but when you are a 104 year old store and owed by the Delmonico family and and located in the state with the highest % of Italian Americans what you expect?

Jeff
Living the Dream at
http://DelMonicohatter.com

Richard Warren

Practically Family
Now that the modern Borsalino Alessandria has been mentioned, I have a question. Does the modern version have much taper? I have been eye balling that hat but have not seen on in the flesh.

I have a Alessandria from Bencraft. The crown is nice and big without a lot of taper, but it does seem to have shrunk a little over the years all around as it has gotten wet. So if you are between sizes err on the large size. The hat is very soft and has a lot of flange.

I ordered a taupe thinking I was getting a light colored hat and the hat is basically dark green. Also the majority of labeling says something like "Trionfo" instead of Borsalino. Another Borsalino I got from Bencraft was mostly labeled "Vanzeno" or some such. In other words the labeling on the liners was completely different from on my other Borsalinos obtained from elsewhere. Don't really know what this means.

Still and all a thousand times better (to me anyway) than say a modern open road.

new2hats

A-List Customer
At this time we carry Cervo hats and will be carrying the Barbisio line of hats also. We also carry Borsalino hats but when you are a 104 year old store and owed by the Delmonico family and and located in the state with the highest % of Italian Americans what you expect?

Jeff
Living the Dream at
http://DelMonicohatter.com

I just ordered a Guerra classico from Delmonico, through Amazon incidentally. You are the only ones that seem to stock it.
I hope it will tide me over. Maybe will get those vintage RMR hats one day if the dollar gets stronger, or if my inlaws travel to Italy next year.

But for now Guerra it is!

One Too Many
I believe: You can find any hat in USA, maybe no new hats, but if you like the hat, this is rabbit or any kind animal hair, the price no mind ¡¡¡ in our country can find new Stetson, good mexican hats, Borsalino even ¡¡¡

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran