Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian manufacturer

Lloyd5

New in Town
Hello every one, I'm a new member. I apologize if there is a specific section for presentation, but i didn't find it. Also I apologize for the bad english, i'm a little rusty.

Recently I've grown an interest for leather jackets and I have found a lot of useful information lurking in yours forum (thank you very much). I'm looking for something similar to the "Highwayman"

So far the jacket nearest the perfection (from photos) that I've found is the Goodwear Ventura.

What is holding me back is that I have no way to try it or even see it from live, and the price (really too high for my finances). Also i like some similar models from aero/alexander/eastman/lost world. Sadly I didn't find any retailers of these manufacturers in Italy.

So to get to my question. Do you know any Italian manufacturer that does something like the "Highwayman"? In the same league of Goodwear/Aero/Alexander ecc. with leathers in the same level? I can't find any....

Thank you.

Lloyd5

New in Town
Well, thank you, they make some very nice jacket indeed, but the problem is the same, no italian retailers so no way to see them live.
Alternatively someone knows the name of the tannery from where is supplied eastman? Particularly for the leather "Italian, premium grade, veg-tanned, aniline horsehide" used in the Californian?
I could try to ask them if they know any Italian manufacturer ...

Last edited:
Badalassi makes beautiful leather!!!
There are so many talented leather craftspeople in Italy!
My fist leather jacket was made by a lady in Vicenza, and if it fit me in middle age I'd be wearing it still (it hangs in the wardrobe).
I haven't heard of any Italian companies doing the kind of jackets we treasure here though....

TeeJay

New in Town
I do not know any italian manufactures like Aero or so, but i know that there are some very good leather tanneries which produce the famous italian horsehide.

andyfalzon

Vendor
Well, thank you, they make some very nice jacket indeed, but the problem is the same, no italian retailers so no way to see them live.
Alternatively someone knows the name of the tannery from where is supplied eastman? Particularly for the leather "Italian, premium grade, veg-tanned, aniline horsehide" used in the Californian?
I could try to ask them if they know any Italian manufacturer ...

If it helps, we can send you leather samples, or even an entire jacket to see for yourself. We pride ourselves of using the best Italian leathers available. If you are Italian and know about leathers you will have no problem to recognize the quality.

Andy
www.billkelsomfg.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav