Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's a time for thanks.

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Not a long term member here but have found the place invaluable for finding out what I wanted to know ref leather jackets and types of leather.

Started with a Schott A2 that I thought was the nuts, dipped my toe in the water with Wested which I thought was fine.....then found this place! I'd looked at the Aero site before coming on here and my two thoughts were that they don't look too special in their photos and they were way too expensive. Then come on here and see photos of them broken in (others as well as Aeros ) and realising how wrong I was just going by the photos of brand new ones.

That leads to the top of the slippery slope, selling the Wested ones and ending up with the Schott for sale in a mates shop on his 'used' rail. Now sat here with a Windward, a Sheene and a biker jacket ordered. Flying jacket is being taken to the manufacturers the end of this month to make it a bit more fitted. With me ending up with four different style jackets no more will be needed, 68 at the end of the month so will be happy with what I have. Now you're sat there thinking 'I've heard that one before' I'll say I'm not a collector and have zero interest in vintage stuff.

The post is just to express my thanks for the helpful advice I've had from here which is invaluable to someone who has absolutely no idea about this sort of stuff. I won't be disappearing and once the biker arrives it'll be on here, I'll still be reading threads yet I'm not knowledgeable enough about the subject matter to comment on most of them!

Anyhow, many many thanks for the help guys, it has been much appreciated. :D

nick123

I'll Lock Up
You did well. This forum is a lot more interesting than it used to be. So much info to digest. In the past you’d sometimes have to wait several hours to see a new post in the Outerwear section-now it’s huge. Have fun reading all the pages!

moktabe

One of the Regulars
D2BD43DF-34E9-4CE0-B34B-8ACF82E8D33A.jpeg
Yes, a nice place here. I think so too.
But I think you definitely need a shearling jacket too... and vests can't be forgotten either... and then there are different colors... and do you have a trucker jacket? LOL

The polite answer is shush you

Shearling you say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ