Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman Spanish-Style Linen Jacket

Baggers

Practically Family
Well, it arrived today, and it's a keeper! Perhaps I've just gotten flashier in my old age, but this one has one heck of a lot of personality. It's made from a very light 100% linen that has a nice slubby texture as can be seen in the closer shots, and it has a simple rayon/poly lining in the shoulder and sleeves. The interior seams are finished. The cut is almost the same as the Vic Falls jacket, but with a straight yoked back, an inverted central pleat, half belt, and center vent. Not mentioned in the catalog description, but a nice surprise all the same, are the patches on the underside of the forearms running from elbow to cuff. I took a shot of this, but the stripes are so well matched it's hard to see. In fact, except for the back of the collar, they did an excellent job of matching up the stripes on all the parts that matter (pockets, half belt, and yoke).

As you can tell, I'm a lot more enthused about this one, and can't wait to pair it up with some linen trousers and find an excuse to wear it. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but by George they'll at least see you coming!

Enjoy!

SpanishLinenJacket01.jpg

SpanishLinenJacket02.jpg

SpanishLinenJacket03.jpg

SpanishLinenJacket04.jpg

SpanishLinenJacket05.jpg

SpanishLinenJacket06.jpg

Cheers!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Congratulations on the jacket.
I'd really have to see it on you before I could make an opinion.
I can say this, I like the fabric, it looks like good construction, but I am not impressed with the lapels or the overall cut of the jacket.
Let's see it on...

...I like the Victoria Falls jacket better...:icon_smil

Baggers

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
Congratulations on the jacket.
I'd really have to see it on you before I could make an opinion.
I can say this, I like the fabric, it looks like good construction, but I am not impressed with the lapels or the overall cut of the jacket.
Let's see it on...

...I like the Victoria Falls jacket better...:icon_smil

I'll get a shot wearing it later, but the cut is very similar to to the other one.

I can tell that you're biased toward the Victoria Falls jacket. That's okay, I did say that not everyone could get away with this one. :p

Cheers!

Baggers

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
It's nice.

Now, promise you won't wear it with anything striped. Solid shirt, please. Non-striped tie.

Wearing linen pants with this linen jacket would be overkill. Stick to cotton duck, twill or poplin trousers.

Aw, you're spoiling all the fun! Seriously though, I was figuring a solid shirt with a tie or ascot would look nice. Perhaps just an open collar even. Would a straw boater be too much, or would that be too collegiate? Then again, I do have my basque beret...;)

So linen would be overkill, eh? Well, I do happen to have the other fabrics hanging in the closet already.

Cheers!

SleepyDutch

New in Town
John in Covina said:
Straw Boater!
Red tie and red carnation.
Cream Ivory pants
and light colored shoes like saddle shoes or bucks maybe?

I agree. :cheers1: However, I'd add a nice panatella cigar too ... just because I'm partial.

Zach R.

Practically Family
That IS a snazzy jacket.:eusa_clap

I might be able to persuade my parents that it is a wardrobe necessity in a collegiate atmosphere, as all of *my* funds are going towards dorm stuff at the moment.

Must...justify...another...purchase...! :p

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Along with the off white trousers I see either a maroon fez or brocade smoking cap paired with this. Also, a bright red carnation in the lapel.;)
Great looking jacket Baggers.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy