Jacket alphabet soup

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Will Zach, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Does anyone know of a handy reference correlating jacket letter names (B1, B3, etc) with pics? I am guessing these names are military-derived, but the correlation to specific patterns and features is a mystery to me. Thanks!

2. automatic

automatic New in Town

There are some good guides on Heddels, like this.

dannyk, El Marro and Will Zach like this.
  3. ton312

ton312

There could be a guide just for the acronyms around here...ya got yer BR, CR, BL, HWM, PHWM, HB, LHB...and let’s never forget...the VAJ.

dannyk, Monitor, JMax and 5 others like this.
  4. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

^Lol what’s a VAJ?! You don’t want to err on the large side with that...

For working out the military jackets names -> patterns I normally just look at Eastman/Aero military pages.

5. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I remember when I started hanging around here I was constantly stopping to google jackets because I didn’t know what the hell an L-2A was or the difference between a B6 and a D1. After a little while all of those things became part of my memory bank and the same will probably happen to you if you look at them often enough.
    VAJ of course refers to the one and only Vanson VAJ, a highly underrated model!

dannyk, Monitor, JMax and 4 others like this.
  6. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab