Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Hangers

willyto

One Too Many
I don't see how those hangers are better than a wide shouldered one.

Also what is the problem of having a few creases in the leather if that would happen? After all no one is built like a square so those creases will happen with wear anyway.

zebedee

One Too Many
Well, mine already have those creases after years of hanging them on wide-shouldered hangers, but I don't have any intention of treating an Aero nicely when I buy one.

B48A69A3-DF3C-48AA-A6A9-169B9DE68C01.jpeg I apply my foam/insulation a bit differently— no creases at all. Try to really simulate a large shoulder/delt.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
IMO trying to control creases on a leather jacket is the path to insanity!
Just wear the things, try not to pack them too tight in your closet, try not to use the worst hangers, but don't worry about it too much, it's not worth it.
Creases will come, whether you like it or not.

Also i don't believe it is linked to hangers, but to jacket/pattern shapes. IMO Aeros have a shoulder/traps design that has a tendency to create those creases.
I keep all my jackets on the same wide hangers, both my Bootleggers and my AL Cafe Racer (Aero pattern) show the creases that you see on the picture below, none of my other jackets do.
I have seen those on many Aero jackets pictured on this forum, and i am convinced it is an Aero pattern thing, not a hanger problem.
Unless all of us, Gerard included, use the wrong hangers...

Kh3XwYC.png

I agree that wear, patterns, fit and leather play the lead role in creasing, assuming the jacket is not stored in an absolute piss-poor manner. My hangers are probably overkill but so is owning as many jackets as I do. It certainly is a personality trait only exhibited when it comes to my jackets and motorcycle. In most other things, just good enough is good enough.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Well, you know what they say about fool and his money... :)

I wonder how these will fit a size 50 jacket though?
If they fit a size 40 width wise there is no way they will also fit a size 50 shoulder to shoulder!
Mine are getting delivered tomorrow, hope they are as good as they say they are.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I wonder how these will fit a size 50 jacket though?
If they fit a size 40 width wise there is no way they will also fit a size 50 shoulder to shoulder!
Mine are getting delivered tomorrow, hope they are as good as they say they are.

I did wonder that also myself. However the difference is really not that huge. For example Aero LHB size 40 (on Aero's sale page) has 19" shoulders. My size 48 LHB had about 22" shoulders, and I think thats about as wide as Aero jackets' shoulders get.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I ordered eight as I have eight leather jackets, and I don’t intend buying any more, as I have the perfect collection for me. Positive reinforcement for the win.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

You legend!

That's pretty much perfect for sizes 38 to 42.
They must be wondering why they are suddenly getting so many orders of hangers!

I ordered eight as I have eight leather jackets, and I don’t intend buying any more, as I have the perfect collection for me. Positive reinforcement for the win.

I ordered 15 and have 12 leather jackets, gave myself a little breathing room! (decision which i will probably regret soon)

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I hope they have a big stock of hangers, cause I’m not ready to place my order yet. If they run out of stock I know who to blame

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
IMO trying to control creases on a leather jacket is the path to insanity!
Just wear the things, try not to pack them too tight in your closet, try not to use the worst hangers, but don't worry about it too much, it's not worth it.
Creases will come, whether you like it or not.

Also i don't believe it is linked to hangers, but to jacket/pattern shapes. IMO Aeros have a shoulder/traps design that has a tendency to create those creases.
I keep all my jackets on the same wide hangers, both my Bootleggers and my AL Cafe Racer (Aero pattern) show the creases that you see on the picture below, none of my other jackets do.
I have seen those on many Aero jackets pictured on this forum, and i am convinced it is an Aero pattern thing, not a hanger problem.
Unless all of us, Gerard included, use the wrong hangers...

Kh3XwYC.png

I noticed that too. All my Aero's have those shoulder creases. It has to be the shoulder design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk